Facelift Model 9th Generation Accord (USA Model)

Discussion in '9th Generation (2013)' started by TheDarkKnight, Thursday 19th Sep, 2013.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

2014 Honda Accord Sedan Overview - Official Honda Site

All I know is that if we are lucky enough to get this exact car in the UK, then I will be signing up for it.

Not sure how many of you have had the chance to drive the US Accord, but I have driven a few 8th Generation petrol Accords, and they are fantastic cars. Better than what we have at present thats for sure.

:lol:

2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My 9th Generation Accord that I had in Dubai last week.

2.4l engine. Wonderful to drive. Absolutely blows the 8th Generation out the water. And I even liked the colour!

:Thumbup:

Last edited: Saturday 6th Dec, 2014
  3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    You're a very lucky man, any chance you can give us all some more feedback on it?

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sure, I had it for a week so feel free to ask.

It wasnt the top line spec model (not sure where it ranks), but it was effortless (it was an auto). Engine was whisper quiet.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

It's almost a case of where to start. How'd she handle in general? How'd the interior build quality seem stacked up against the 8th Generation (or 7th for that matter)?

I know you say she was an auto, but what was the powerband like? Low-end pick up nicely?

I'm sure quite a few people here would like to hear your impressions!

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Rather than me rabbit on, I'll answer specific Q's.

Build quality - identical to my current 4th Generation CR-V and 8th Generation Accord. It was very tightly put together, and you could feel the car "as one" when cornering. It was extremely well put together and robust.

Handling - it was probably sharper than the 8th Generation I'd say - there was a lot more vibrancy through the wheels, and though like the 8th Generation it has electric steering, it was a lot more responsive, but still had that "dead centre" feature, which I would say was very reassuring.

The engine was interesting - it felt a little bit sluggish at the low end compard when I had a 2.4 4th Generation CR-V in the US last year. Not sure why. But through the mid-range, it was supple and effortless, it was almost too good to be bloody true! Either that or I am crap at driving autos! LOL

can't compare it to a 7th Generation as I have never had one, but I can compare it to the 8th Generation Accord thats in the US which I also have driven on a number of ocassions. It its distinctly more alive, feels grippier in the corners and the road holding is just sublime. The audio system (not sure what brand) is a lot better than the 8th Generation here too. Bassier and less rattle. Overall, when I finally upsticks and move out to the Middle East, then this is definitely the car for me.

I'm out there again in a couple of weeks so will definitely try and sample another 9th Generation :lol:

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

That all sounds pretty damn promising. Unfortunately I haven't driven an 8th Generation personally so I have no idea how the electric steering compares whatsoever. Can you remember if it was one of the "Earth Powers" engines? I think those new 2.4s run about the same BHP as our current CL9/CU2, but the CR-V/Accord 2.4 in the USA is only about 160-170BHP.

Curiosity, what do you do for a living?

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Truthe be told, I didnt look under the hood.

Regarding the drive by wire steering - I think its great. Loved it on my 8th Generation and now on the CR-V too. Takes a bit of getting used to, but its an excellent feature.

9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Your 7th Generation has electric steering by the way.

I for one hate electric steering they are all numb and lack the feel and feedback you get from a hydraulic steering, they are the devils work! One reason why I haven't and probably won't be upgrading from the 6g.

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I was quite sure that the standard 7th Generation CL9 had Hydraulic Steering, only certain CL7 models (like the Euro-R) had Electronic Power Steering?

11. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No not correct bud, the only two models to every get EPS on the 7th Generation were

2003-2004 Honda Accord 2.0 Saloon CL7 in SE grade
    2006-2008 Honda Accord 2.4 Saloon and Tourer in CL9 and CM2 in EX grade Auto tranny only with ADAS.

Other than that every other 7thgen model is Hydraulic power steering. The 8th Generation across the board is EPS.

DeviateDefiant likes this.