General A bike I no longer own.

Discussion in 'Tourer' started by vzh7gk, Monday 15th Sep, 2014.

1. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    Taken in 2003, soon after purchase - probably not my best buy, but I enjoyed it for a while. Knees wouldn't take the weight nowadays!
    Nephew on the seat, Bro-in-Law standing... Me hiding behind... Nephew now taller than either of us.
    (Not sure I have any photos of the CB450 Black Bomber - MAD 39F - or the little CB125)

20030719-FCB,MRCB, GW, MICW + Gold Wing side view.JPG

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I know nothing about bikes, but I know that looks incredible :happycrying:

3. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    Does, doesn't it.
    Unfortunately it had a number of problems, some of which I should have spotted when I went to view. At least all the parts were available, but the 1200 was prone to alternator failure (not this one) and its an engine out to replace.
    I enjoyed riding it for a couple of years but found my bad knee was struggling and ended up selling it and buying one of the little Enfield India 500s.

4. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I know so little of the bike side of it, I don't even know how reliable Honda motorbikes are in general - other than the engines themselves obviously being top of the game.

Knowing Honda cars with alternator failure, it's almost always the German sourced parts and not the Japanese which cause issues :Whistle:

I haven't even ridden a motorbike since my pre-teens!

5. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Old aspencade.....83/84 at a guess. Thats not an original colour is it???? If my memory serves me right they were In wineberry red and I think a bronze type colour.....can't remember its nomenclature.
    Good old bus they were.
    Rick

6. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    Aspencade, yes. And a standard colour. C565 GGH if I remember correctly.
    GL1200A, but there was something else about this one, the extra something or other.
    Too long ago to remember now... :Smile:

7. ricksmith Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    I remember it was fully loaded. It had a digital dash cruise radio all operated from the handlebars. ...it was really ahead of its time in relation to toys and things. A nice king and queen seat as well.
    Unfortunately it was just a flat 4. The 1500 that came out after had that beautiful flat 6 and now of course the 1800 that also has a flat 6. I love 6's......so smooth.
    Rick

8. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    Oh yes. Never got to a 1500, by the time I sold the 1200 my knee was losing it.
    Trying to remember the clocks. Air compressor for the shocks (plus a hose to attach so the tyre pressures could be raised). :Smile: