Found a/c condenser

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by Nav, Wednesday 25th Jul, 2012.

1. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Need an air con condenser... Anyone, for 2004 cdti.. :Frown:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nav my advise never use second hand stuff for aircon repairs. Dirt and grime play havoc with the compressor you may end up wrecking perfect part by using dirty parts.

3. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Have you tried a price from Holdcroft Honda?

4. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Not yet... But I heard.these things can cost in 100's... I changed the rad couple.of weeks ago and now the condensor... To make.things bad took.to halfords to re gas the air con, they charged me.for it and said it had to be.taken.out because of te leak...cost me.damn 50...

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    If you have a leak on the condenser well you know it there , why remove it what tangible benefit will that bring. You should have resisted.

6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    If they had vacuum tested it first they would have known it was leaking.

Filling it up then sending you away with a leak is extremely bad, not just for customer service, but for the environment too. Considering you can be fined for de gassing the system without collecting the gas due to it's environmental impact I'm guessing filling it up knowing it's leaking would be breaking some kind of law.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Nav Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I had to get to london that evening,.so I had to leave.. well I have contacted the customer service department.. so waiting to hear from them... They gassed it and then took it the gas out thas wat they said... I tot those machines cut off when you notice no pressure is held...

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Reading between the lines you have been given the traditional milk the scenario for their benefit.