HVAC A/C Condensor Removal

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Alain Camenzuli, Monday 31st Aug, 2015.

1. Alain Camenzuli Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Ladies and Gents

I'm Situated in MALTA my accord is 2006 exec import from the UK. Unfortunately my girl needs some TLC now that it ahs 125,000 Miles on maltese roads which are horrible to car. Anyway my girlfriend bumped the the bottom of the car with a bicycle holder in the road puncturing the return line for the power-steering and the ac condenser. The line is fixed. I want to take out the condenser to see what damage is done anyone know how i should go about this ?

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Sorry to read about your mishap. I'm sure some one that has some experience with this will be along soon.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Roughly it'll be :-
    • Remove bulkhead cover
    • Remove brackets holding radiator in place
    • Disconnect both lines going to the condenser
    • Remove condenser brackets
    • Condenser should now lift out
    Do the reverse for fitting

4. Alain Camenzuli Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Do i need to remove the bumper or remove pipes to the radiator ? So i i understand currently is slides up from the engine bay not under as i thought

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I think you can get away with not removing the radiator or the pipes to it. Once you remove the two top brackets holding the radiator in you can lift it a little and move it towards the engine. If you need a bit more space take the overflow bottle of the radiator.

I don't think removing the bumper will you much.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Prefix for thread set to HVAC and not Facelift.