Electrical & Lights A couple of quick wee questions

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Sherbet66, Sunday 10th Nov, 2013.

1. Sherbet66 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Honda Accord 2005 Tourer 2.0 Petrol.

A couple of non urgent questions that I would appreciate some advise on:

1. I note the boot side windows have what looks like the heated wire element in them for demisting however these do not defrost when the rear window demist is activated. Is there another mechanism for defrosting these? If not does anyone know where the fuse for these is located?

2. My boot lights occasionally come on momentarily when I open the tailgate and then switch straight off. Other times they come on and stay on, more so when I manually open the tailgate. I've tried messing with the light switches at the boot lights, I can turn them off altogether but this does not seem to make any difference to the occasionally not working issue. Is there any trick to these or does this sound faulty?

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

2. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Boot side windows don't defrost I believe the Ariel for the radio is the wire you can see an possibly also alarm wires but not 100% on the alarm bit.

3. Sherbet66 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers for that Dave, out with the old ICE scraper then!

4. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes unfortunately I would of liked them to defrost and also demister cos in this weather two big wet dogs soon steam up the windows lol