General A creative idea, maybe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 2011accordstealth, Friday 15th May, 2015.

1. 2011accordstealth Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United States Gavan New York
    whats up hondakarma, this is just an idea i thought of using my knowledge of how induction systems work. I in no way expect concrete results but any thing is better than nothing. Im hoping to engineer my own custom forced induction ( or not) system. Im going to try using the following

My fog light cutouts since i don't have any, route intake tubing form those up to the filter on my CAI with a filter with a indent at the top to ensure a seal and that in a worse case scenario no fan parts get sucked into my engine. In the tubes I'm going to try and see what happens when i put a "turbonator" fan in the tube. Now before the comments and point counter points heres the theory behind it.

These turbo fans are always an online gimmick for those who get suckered in. The fans are told to be put directly in the intake tube between filter and TB, but there is no amount of substantial air flow to spin it fast enough to compress air, in addition most of the reason the fan spins is from engine vacuum during the intake stroke. I intend to use ram air to my advantage, the ram air affect of driving down the road will spin the fans and, optimistically create some amount of pressure.

So, my plan is to route two sets of this system from the foglight cut out, through the engine bay or whatever works up to the filter on my CAI. Hopefully it will yield some result, in theory the faster you drive and the faster the ram air is moving the greater the affect will be.

Also i have a throttle body spacer but instead of a straight through design it has cross cuttings so the air going in is at all different directions raising the pressure in the combustion chamber giving more power. Im not sure if this will work the way i want and actually compress air but even so a greater volume of air is always better for performance.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any recommendations or questions. Im trying this on my accord's k24z3

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You can't really defy the laws of nature and get power for nothing.

Personally I would just go with proven aftermarket CAI systems for which you know exactly what you are getting.

3. 2011accordstealth Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

what do you mean by defy nature? if anything am using it to my advantage, airs everywhere and thats all i need

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    The criss cross pattern on your TB spacer will not create more pressure, it will just add a swirl effect to the air.

To create more pressure you need more air in the same space.

Doubling up on intake tubes by having two ram air horn openings my help somewhat.

5. 2011accordstealth Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

thats what i was going for, i don't rely on the tbs for pressure by any means. what I'm hoping is that the ram air system coupled with the fans will give some result