Electrical & Lights A few questions about interior bulbs...

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Galgo, Tuesday 24th Mar, 2015.

1. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've changed the roof, boot and courtesy lights in my car's interior for LEDs but I forgot to replace the sun visor lights too. Does anyone know what bulbs they are?

Also, should I have light that shows what gear I'm in (it's an auto) by the gear selector? Or does it just use the dash lights only to tell you what gear you're in?

Oh, and are the steering wheel controls meant to be illuminated when the headlights are on? Because mine aren't!

Thanks. :Smile:

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

IIRC, the visor bulbs are 239 festoon 5W, but I don't have a 7th Generation anymore and the old memory isn't what it used to be.

For the gear selector is number 5 what you're after?

7th g T gear.

No. 5
    54070SDCA81
    (54070-SDC-A81)
    BULB (14V 1.4W)

I'm not sure about the steering wheel, but I don't think there are any bulbs in there. Happy to be corrected if I'm wrong.

Galgo likes this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    That's funny I've done exactly the same thing ! Hadn't remember it until just reading your post LOL

Not sure what bulb it is, will have to check mine sometime.

Galgo likes this.
  4. Galgo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Haha! Yeah I guess we don't get a chance to use our sun visors much in the UK so it's easily forgettable lol

Thanks guys. I'll look into this over the weekend when I've got some spare time and report back when I get a chance to take one of the old bulbs out. :Smile: