Introductions A fully paid up member at last!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Pete R, Thursday 25th Oct, 2012.

1. Pete R Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cambs
    Well, I've finally picked up my Accord, having been pestering people on here for a few weeks with questions and queries.

Here are some pics of my new ride. It's a 55 plate which is a little older than I wanted, but only 78k on the clock. It is a very early facelift, being registered as a demonstrator on 01/01/06 at Marshalls Honda of Peterborough. It has spent it's life then being owned by people in and around Marshalls, so has a full service history with them and is a "known" car.

Marshalls have done a grand job of preparing it and fully resprayed the rear bumper and tailgate moulding to remove a few deep parking scrapes (maybe that's why parking sensors had been fitted?) - not quite a 100% colour match - though it seems to depend on the light - a collegue says that metallics on plastic are very hard to match - especially silver? They also managed to remove a ding on one door on the swage line - very difficult to do effectively.
    The car now looks pristine!

accord_7. accord_1. accord_3. accord_4.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nice looking car bud..glad you found a car with a good service history.:Thumbup:

3. Toggerefc Premium Member Club Supporter

A very nice looking specimen indeed. Just looks like mine. My baby on 08 plate ICTDI 2.2 gt sport with HONDA BLADE alloys 225, 45,18 wheels. Hope you enjoy the ride. Won't look back. :Grin:

image.

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Pete R Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cambs
    Like those Blades - think I'll stick with my Penta's - otherwise tyres too pricey!

Toggerefc likes this.
  5. halder Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Pete,
    I have been actively looking for a tourer estate diesel and saw this one advertised. Never looked at it because it was snapped up. But fear not I have not found my car. A 57 plate tourer diesel hopefully we will have a trouble free car for a few years.
    This site seems great for any little problem or questions you may have.
    I like the look of the Penta alloys better than the standard ex rims. I have these on mine too. No problems with tram lining upto yet as stated on here by some.
    Anyways Pete good luck with your new purchase......

6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Pete and welcome.

Nice looking car, and facelifts don't get any earlier than that!

7. rhinogolf Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

york
    Yes like that

8. Pete R Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cambs

Glad you managed to find another!
    Enjoying the car so far, I get occasional tramlining with the Pentas, but nothing major. I think it depends a lot on tyres.
    Enjoy you Accord!!

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Welcome to AOC Pete, looks like you found a good specimen.

10. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome to AOC Pete.

11. Pete R Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cambs
    Guys thanks for the warm welcoms - this forum is great!!

SpeedyGee likes this.