General A Great Escape - Caught On Camera

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Robbie, Wednesday 18th Dec, 2013.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
  2. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    The Civic driver clearly needs to learn what a wing mirror is for. Maybe now they'll use it in future and learn they don't have the right of way when joining a carriageway.

3. FR-V Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Pete Lincs
    Similar situations to this happen every time I travel on motorways, luckily without the end result. There seems to be a large number of drivers out there that think that if they are joining a motorway they have the right of way and YOU have to make room for them. It is considerably worse when I am towing a caravan as they bust a gut to try and force their way in front. Where I am supposed to go when all lanes are full and I am between HGVs dosn't worry them.
    Words such as ignorant, selfish, impatient and TW*TS spring to mind :Angry:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The clip has been removed ..so can't comment but mirror signal manoeuvre needs to reinforced with everyone. I don't want to start the great North South divided but after the Watford gap, it does exist!

The pattern I see is move,mirror then signal when the manoeuvre is completed. Southern England drivers don't care but themselves.Harsh but true.

I just have a 4 second gap now when I drive dawwwnnn saaaauth

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    He seems to be one of those drivers that forces his way into traffic, expecting other drivers to make space and give way to him.

Unfortunately for him though, in this case the truck driver won't have seen him at all.

6. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    CJ, the clip is still there.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Surprising that link won't work on Chrome :Aghast: .. Just viewed it in Firefox look at his right hand just before he pulls out .. i hope they wrote off that swindon wagon and the rossers giving HIM clearly a bloke a proper telling off.. DVLA cancel his license..

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is why we need all young drivers to take up 2 wheel before the sit in their so called metal tanks, that glance over their shoulders will reinforce how vulnerable they are. That why its called BLIND SPOT!!

9. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

there is still a lot of drivers who don't have a clue as to how they should join a motorway as I have found out on quite a few occasions :Angry:

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Our country is so wet, windy and damp if we told all youngsters to get on two wheels we could all be better rider\drivers.. Spain produces so many motorcycling genius because of their weather .. so if our weather is so wet we should all ride\drive like Champions when they see dry tarmac.. but we lack discipline we are all ingrained into vanity and endorsements.

11. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

yeah but they all drive on the wrong side of the road over there :Happy::Happy:

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is no wrong side on a race track .. think about it. :Whistle:

13. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

my side is the wrong side :Happy:

- - - Updated - - -

how did we get from a motorway to a Spanish race track ? ?:Happy::Happy:

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    simples really road craft it can't be taught its experienced.