General A great vehicle to start learning how to drive?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Benji, Sunday 29th Apr, 2012.

1. Benji Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

UK
    I'd like everyone's opinion. If you were to teach someone how to drive a vehicle (in general), would you do it with a Honda Accord? I know that some vehicles are easier to teach with.

2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I learned in a big car and it was fine but driving school cars are smaller and many people prefer that as learners.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I reckon a Civic sized vehicle for learners should be adequate to get off the ground.ny car which is half way house will get confidence up.

4. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    An Accord , probably not. a smaller car with a confidence inspiring driving position, good viability and a bonnet and boot you can see the end of. - Just asked my niece who is learning at the mo, more or less what she said except she said whats an Accord! She is learning in her mums CR-V!

5. mattpc Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Fantastic car to learn in in my opinion if you can afford the insurance!

6. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

High ground clearance cars will give them the edge in my opinion , observation and awareness are so poor in teenage drivers, take my 18 year old he has three bangs. He learnt to drive now by looking at his insurance premiums :Aghast:

Anything which helps them is a good thing, but the dreaded insurance always drive them away from bigger cars

7. Abbey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

USA
    A smaller car like this, with a sloped hood, so the teen can see the road (and bumper in front when stopping at a red light) is essential for learning safe driving practices. I'd recommend a Honda Accord for that reason. But as mentioned, check insurance premiums with your insurance agent before purchase, as these can vary for teen (student) drivers.