General A History of the Type-R

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John Dickson, Wednesday 3rd Dec, 2014.

1. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nighthawk and AndyB1976 like this.
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Some of those japanese market only models look very interesting....

3. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

What makes me laugh is that they rubbish the FD2 but cream themselves over the FN2??

Lazy journalism for not researching the cars that they are writing about if you ask me.

John Dickson likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    FD2 is million light years ahead of the FN2, bet the journo has never test rode one.

John Dickson likes this.
  5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Another History of Type-R this time from Honda Dream Magazine....

The history of the Type-R - Dream Magazine by Honda

Note how the FN2 is described as "....released with improved performance and agility"

However reality was a heavier, slower car than the EP3 and I aint too sure how it could be more agile with medieval torsion beam rear suspension (might as well regress fully back to cart-style leaf springs :Rolf:)

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    The EP3 holds it's own when it come to handling, FN2 doesn't come close to it.

John Dickson likes this.
  7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    What an odd timeline. Is this supposed to be for UK only releases? If so why are they mentioning the DC2 coming out in 92 and a random image of the DC5, yet no mention of the EK9 Civic Type-R, then there's wrong use of image 92 JDM ITR had different front end. Also whats with the random trivia on it, i don't really care if bill clinton became president.

John Dickson likes this.
  8. excel monkey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Epsom
    Nice to see a broadsheet website doing a large and mostly positive article on Honda, with no mention of "boring" or "bland". I think most motoring journos have a lot of love for the EP3 Civic Type-R, and there is a strong desire to see the new model succeed.

Also noticed they gave a four star review of the new CR-V.
    2015 Honda CR-V first drive | Cars

9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Came across this article on their site: Can new cars save Honda? | Cars

Never come across such awful grammar on a professional article, ironically written by someone called English.

excel monkey likes this.
  10. excel monkey Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Epsom
    Read the article. Can't see any glaring grammar errors. Maybe I'm as bad as the journo who wrote it?

I didn't know much about Leon Brannan before I read that article. Formerly head of aftersales, now promoted to head of cars. I agree with the stuff he's trying to do - giving more prominence to user reviews, using strong residual values to offer better PCP deals (which BMW and Audi have done to great effect). Probably worthy of discussion in a separate thread, to be honest.