Accord/8th Gen A little help needed.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Pellow_uk, Wednesday 22nd Aug, 2012.

1. Pellow_uk New Member Getting Started

Would anyone be able to shed a little light on the difference between the model variants? I'm currently trying to book my MOT online in work, and therefore don't have all of my car details to hand, one of the questions is model variant. I have a 2008 Accord 2.2 DTEC EX GT, however the only options for diesels are either a CN or a CU3.

I Have no idea which is mine and really need to book my MOT; any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Mate,

Pretty sure yours is a CU3, CN was 7th Generation.
    Ichiban likes this.
  3. Pellow_uk New Member Getting Started

Thanks for your help.
  4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello and welcome to AOC

Not being funny, but if your garage cannot tell the difference then I would be very worried about having a light bulb changed from them, let alone them doing an MOT on a car they know sod all about.

Save yourself the hassle and take it to a tester who knows what the differences are. Nothing worse than having the wool pulled over your eyes and then sit back to convalesce over "open-wallet-surgery".
    Ichiban likes this.
  5. Pellow_uk New Member Getting Started

It's not so much the garage doesn't know the difference it's more their website, which i'm booking through, doesn't automatically get all of the car details via my number plate and i wasn't sure of my variant; The last thing i want is to turn up at the garage and they manage to extract a few more pounds for my error.

Anyhow, fingers crossed it sails through without any attention needed, except for my two front tyres.
  6. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Peter

Seems a stupid website design anyway. It's either a diesel test or a petrol test, with a few variants for age that the MOT tester knows anyway.