Introductions A new (old) Honda CR-V owner looking for advice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by paulnelson, Wednesday 28th Oct, 2015.

1. paulnelson New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Paul London
    Hi all - I've just inherited my dad's old 04 Honda CR-V 2.0 SE Sport with just 70k on the clock FSH and in generally great shape. Its a step up for me size wise but am looking forward to the additional space and leather seats for a change.

I have a question though. I've always had the timing belt changed on my cars at about the 50K mark - and I don't believe my dad did. i've read somewhere that the CR-Vs are fitted with a chain not a belt and that these are guarenteed for the life of the engine. Is this me just being wishful thinking ( hoping to avoid a costly bill) or is this right?

Best, and a pleasuer to meet you all.

paul

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Paul, welcome to Honda Karma :Hey:

Your 2nd Generation CR-V has a K20 i-VTEC engine, these engines are chain driven. They are indeed maintenance free, the caveat being you need to keep the car well serviced with regular engine oil changes.

:garage: FAQ #10: How do I add my vehicle to the Club Garage?

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @paulnelson :welcome:

Would like to see some pictures when you get a chance. The CR-V is a great car.

:garage:

4. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
  5. Euan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Welcome along!

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello:Bye:and:welcome:to:gohonda:KARMA

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:welcome: to HK Paul. A CR-V with FSH is something to treasure. Hope you enjoy her.

8. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    welcome to the forum :Smile: