Body, Paint & Styling A pillar trim removal

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by Steve8274, Tuesday 29th Dec, 2015.

1. Steve8274 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Steve Wigan
    hi
    Has anyone removed their a pillar trim on car? I have installed a dash cam and wish to hard wire it in and want to run the wire down the a pillar.
    Had a quick look but didn't want to bend/snap the trim or clips if there are any.
    Any advice greatly appreciated
    Steve

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hi Steve, in my Jazz I simply tucked it in between the A-pillar trim and door seal. There is enough void in there to hide the wire easily.. saves you from removing the trim. What car have you got? If you can add it to the club garage it will help us give you more specific advice.

3. Steve8274 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks. I thought of doing that but wanted to make sure the wire was out of way of airbag.
    Car is a 57 plate CR-V.

4. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Surrey
    Just pops off, dead easy.

5. BobLell Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Bob Chester
    Had a dash cam fitted by Halfords two weeks ago, they tucked it between the pillar and the windscreen as far as I am aware, can't actually see it until it pops out by the rear view mirror. I had a Transcent DrivePro 220 fitted and am happy with it. Reduces my insurance premiums by 10%.

6. Gareth Hancox Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Garth
    Morning Guys
    Mine also tucked in along the head lining and A pillar-windscreen.
    On another note my dash board seat belt indicator for the rear passanger side is saying the seat belt is constantly buckled in as anyone else had this problem and is there a fix?
    Cheers

7. Steve8274 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Managed to get the wire in place however come up with another problem. Was using one of those add a circuit adaptors and put it in with front accessory fuse (no. 28 I think)
    It's switched live however when I have added this new circuit, even when I take ignition key out, the camera is staying live. Not sure how? Will have to have another look.
    As a matter of interest, how have others got them wired in?

8. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I think the best way is to use the fuse that you know is switched off when key is out like cigarette lighter.

9. BobLell Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Bob Chester
    Both the Dash Cams in use in our CR-V and the wife's VW Golf turn off automatically when the ignition is off. Some apparently can stay on via a setting in the Cam itself so your car can be monitored whilst parked up, so it might be worth checking that first!

10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    There is a setting on most cameras that allows you to carry on record x number of minutes after the ignition is switched off.

Maybe you need to check this setting on your camera.

11. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Surrey
    It depends on the camera.

I have a Roadhawk HD in my CR-V and a non HD version in my wife's Yaris. It depends how you wire them as to of they come on & off with ignition.

They do have a parking mode, but that Dosn't turn them off.