Suspension, Steering and Brakes A place to get cheap calipers?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by AlexD333, Friday 24th May, 2013.

1. AlexD333 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi again all,

So I've just had rear discs and pads fitted as they were binding, unfortunately after these they are still binding. The car is much smoother but the rear alloys are getting hot. So hot in fact that I could not touch it!

It has also been up on a ramp to spin the wheels (very stiff)

One of the techs told me he knows a place I can get cheap calipers, unfortunately he is on holiday..

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance again!!! :Smile:

2. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    Have you tried ebay? :Smile:

3. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Which model and year accord have you got ? If you are able to check the brakes yourself it might be worth taking the the caliper carrier off and checking to see if the slider pins are the cause they can seize especially the bottom ones ! If they are then you might be able to buy just the pins or even a new caliper carrier unit with the slider pins :Smile: it would be a lot cheaper than buying new calipers !

Last edited: Friday 24th May, 2013
    intruder likes this.
  4. AlexD333 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately the whole callipers were pretty rotten, i saw it up on the bench. Got a set from Euro car parts, gotta say, the feeling and responsiveness is so much better now.

5. godzilla84 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am having a similar issue with my 2.0 auto. I have changed the rear discs, pads & calipers to try and solve this binding problem but I can't find the carriers anywhere. the only place i havent tried is a honda dealer. Does anybody know a part number for these?

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    When it comes to something as important as brakes I would stick to genuine honda parts even if itmeans paying a lot more.

7. Rhys Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

You'd be lucky to find 3rd party caliper carriers anywhere ! I contacted a local honda dealer to get them for my 6th Generation they were £100 for the pair including slider pins. I did try them part finder sites on the Internet I had alot of response and some were coming back at £70 but I chose to pay the extra 30 to get brand new genuine parts. If your struggling to find part numbers etc I would recommend trying Lings Honda website they have very detailed diagrams of all the parts. You can get all the info from there and then shop around.

8. godzilla84 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have no problem paying full price for brake parts. I will try honda directly then. Thanks for the info.

9. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

If anyone looking for front calipers, I have both used ones in perfect working condition. With carriers & with brake lines/pipes (however u call it :Wink:..) Taken off from my 2007 CL9.

10. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Intruder if you wish to sell them please post it in for sale section.
    Thanks

11. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Oh yes, apology :Hey: Thanks