Off-Topic A rare Lagonda

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ichiban, Friday 8th Jul, 2016.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I was on the coast last weekend and saw this beautiful looking motor it was in Concours nick just immaculate. Anyone know which model this is?

IMG_1436.JPG

FirstHonda and Nels like this.
  2. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    That's a Audi Silverlady. :gotcha:

3. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    nice spot cj :Thumbup:
    it is in fact a 1938/9 LG6 4 1/2 LITRE straight six ohv and quite a rare beast. a lot of these beautiful saloons had their bodies hacked off and converted into the more popular open four seater tourers or period racing specials
    judging buy the beautiful period buildings in the back ground i would think the car has been used in a period film shoot for a "poriot styled" new series for tv

FirstHonda, Ichiban and Nels like this.
  4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Now that's a loved car!

Shouldn't it have a ticket on it for parking on double yellows?

FirstHonda likes this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That car had one of the best paint job I have ever seen on a car it was so deep and so immaculate I was in awe Helen had to drag me away I was drooling all over it .. I dare not take any more pictures as it was unreal.

The guys who owned it was youngish mate well sub 50's the probability of it being used in a TV show is quite high TBH there is always something happening in Scarborough.
    - - - Updated - - -
    I would smack the parking attendant If I saw it giving that beautiful thing a ticket .. :telloff:

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Fantastic motor. If you zoom into the passenger side mirror you can see CJ drooling

7. jimjams Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom nobody zoned
    it was probably waiting for the RAC

8. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Many beautiful cars were also laid up during WW2 due to the lack of fuel, and were then scrapped afterwards as petrol rationing continued and new 1950s designs started to appear. Customers wanted the future - silly little things like integrated headlights and no running boards - rather than looking back to pre-war designs. Those that survived were often used as bangers and driven into the ground, soon to be finished off by the new MOT test launched in 1960.

My Father used to tell me about my Grandfather (who died before I was born) who owned a 1930s Armstrong Siddeley before the war, which was his pride and joy. I have one small blurry photo!

As he couldn't get enough petrol ration to continue to run it, he laid it up and if was sold for scrap in the early 1950s. My Father said it was almost immaculate, but that nobody wanted cars like that anymore...:shock:

Ironically he had an enhanced petrol ration as he was something to do with the NFU and was working on behalf of the Ministry of Food (as well as being the local Special Constable!). I'm told that the problem was driving a big car was seen as 'unpatriotic' so he bought a small Austin (I think) to use instead.

This was a great spot @Ichiban thanks for posting.

Ichiban likes this.