Introductions A wanna be Accord diesel Owner (but still drive a rover 45 diesel)

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by repping, Monday 11th Nov, 2013.

1. repping New Member Getting Started

Hey guy's and girls.

I am 35 , aircraft engineer by trade and I am just gathering information on the accord diesels.
    Living in the Leeds Bradford area .

I am currently driving a Rover 45 Diesel from 2001, (tuned, but bought like that). and I am looking buy a Japanese Diesel, either a Subaru Legacy Or Accord CDTI.

Greetings to all .

Cheers,

Rich

2. compo Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Colin bradford
    One of the things you need to check is the clutch take it for a test drive on a motorway get in 6th gear and accelerate if you feel it slip you can knock a grand if the asking price

3. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yup clutch for sure and if you chip it you'll be looking at putting one in even sooner lol.

4. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    Hey bud

Welcome to AOC :Thumbup:

I had a Accord 2005 diesel, cracking car. Wife has a Legacy diesel - just my feelings but 8th Generation Accord is a far better car, with the exception of the 4 wheel drive but then do you need it? Accord will also hold its value better than the scooby - Subaru is just as likely to develop dreaded clutch/flywheel issues to and I wouldn't touch a re mapped but that's just me.. I am biased as I didn't want to buy her the Legacy I wanted the Accord :Wink: