Suspension, Steering and Brakes Abs fault

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Iskanderhonda, Friday 13th Mar, 2015.

1. Iskanderhonda Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    I need to replace my ABS pump for Accor 2012 as it can't be repaired. Dealer asks for over 2k. I found few parts for same year but part number a bit different, just one number. The ABS ECU is same. Does anyone know if it will fit my car or I need exactly same part number? Thank you

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Are you not still within the 3 year Honda Warranty?
    When was your Accord first registered?

3. Iskanderhonda Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Warranty just ran out. Registered on 01.03.2012. My part I number 57110-tl0-e211 I found few with same ECU but pump with part numbers 57710-tl0-e011 ABS f211 . The ECU is has same part number as mine pump doesn't. Don't know if it will fit. Even mechanic not sure.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Have you tried calling HUK Customer Services directly?
    They may pay for some of it if you have a full Honda service history.

5. Iskanderhonda Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The part was damaged externally. The plastic of ECU cracked. I will call tomorrow to find out if they can help. Thank you

6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

If not, try some breakers yards.
    Or become a more active member on here, or become a Club Supporter to be eligible for club discount.

7. Iskanderhonda Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I tried many breakers yard but all have different part number for the same year car

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Where did you get your part numbers from?
    Exactly which model Accord do you have?

9. Iskanderhonda Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I called dealer they told me and plus it's written on the pump This is the pics
    - - - Updated - - -
    It's accord ex 2012. 2.2cdti automatic
    - - - Updated - - -
    It's accord ex 2012. 2.2cdti automatic . Registered March 2012

image. image. image.

Last edited by a moderator: Friday 13th Mar, 2015
  10. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Ok I'll check.

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I can't find it right now and need to get some :sleep:
    I'll have a look in the morning.

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    None of those look like Honda part numbers (on the ECU), Honda part numbers tend to have a different format.
    Looking at the ECU these numbers maybe manufacturer part numbers. I'll try looking more into this for you.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Actually the Honda part number for the whole ABS unit is 57110-TL0-E211-M1 (that's stamped on the pump).

It's hard to say what the slight differences could be. How much is the part on sale for ? You could buy it, try it and if it doesn't work out for whatever reason then put it back on ebay.

13. Iskanderhonda Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

£380 from scrapyard. Same ECU as mine

14. Nels Moderator Staff Team

How did the unit get damaged?

15. Iskanderhonda Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Unit damaged in small accident. I'm a taxi driver, been out of work for 2 months.
    Today called dealer they said tl0 model similar but didn't wanted to say if it will work. They say they not changed only they change part numbers. Basically they say buy from us and we not saying if others are comparable.
    Anyway I bought one off 2012 diesel 2.2 for 380 let's hope it will work

16. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Possibly a moot point now, but maybe the old one could have been repaired by someone with electronics experience?

17. Iskanderhonda Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sent it to ECU testing they couldn't. And they said they never seen part like this. Now no choice but to try parts of accord 2012 but needs programming.

18. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Good luck with that replacement part working OK. I guess you'll need access to a Honda Diagnostic System to have the ABS set up (or at least neutralised) after it's been fitted. Lots of places have HDS these days.

19. Iskanderhonda Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The garage where it's being repaired they say they can

20. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    :Thumbup: