Suspension, Steering and Brakes ABS rear sensor replacement

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by jcalvarez, Friday 13th Mar, 2015.

1. jcalvarez Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Jose Dunfermline
    Hello!

I have got the ABS warning light on, diagnostic says rear driver side sensor. Local dealer quoted £230 to replace it, so I'm looking at other options. Why the big difference in price between eBay and Honda for the ABS sensors? ~£20in eBay vs ~£150 dealer? How much should it really cost?

2. Mikeyspell Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Speller80 Nottingham
    There on eBay for £16 I've just bought a front sensor and extremely easy to fit

3. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Word of warning.... Though getting these 'genuine compatible' parts on eBay is much cheaper than getting them OEM, OMHO, I think that things such as sensors and safety items should only be replaced with OEM parts.

I did the same on my Audi with a oil pressure sensor I got off of eBay (at 10% of OEM cost), and I had endless problems with it. I replaced it with another one off eBay, and had endless problems too. Contact Holdcroft Honda and see how much the OEM part will cost with HK club discount.

4. Mikeyspell Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Speller80 Nottingham
    Vag group cars are very fussy with aftermarket sensors in my experience.never had a problem with aftermarket sensors with Honda they ony seem fussy with filters etc.I've used 2 and sensors of eBay now and never throws up a fault code or anything

5. jcalvarez Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you everybody for your answers. Yes, I will also check with HH, I'm extremely happy with the price I got for my new battery from them :Smile:
    Does anybody know where to find a good tutorial for replacing the sensors?

6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I don't think we have a Guide on replacing the rear ABS sensors. So please do take pictures and create a guide for other members.

This diagram should help you in determining how to get the sensor off :-

ABS Rear.

Be careful when getting the sensor off, there's chance of breaking the sensor and leaving part of it stuck in the hole. You'd then need to drill it out of the hole.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  8. jcalvarez Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

:Smile:
    Thank you very much, really appreciated!

9. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

I've got mine to do, and yes I snapped it trying to get it out so will try the way the guide says.