Electrical & Lights abs/vsa lights .

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by david garrington, Friday 2nd Oct, 2015.

1. david garrington Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

dave uk
    Hi all been a while since i posted this is a seemingly insignificant problem ,my ABS and sometimes VSA [but very rarely]appear in the info panel on the dash [where the MPG etc is displayed during driving]as i turn the key to engage the starter as soon a the engine fires they disappear and don't re appear first started happening when i went for a long trip driving high speed through welsh mountains to south wales.i,ve been to HH twice about this issue they say its down to a slightly low battery triggering the lights .
    So at their suggestion i purchashed a trickle charger from maplin to top the battery up when cars not being driven,they said battery seems healthy but couldn't say how old it was [on the car when purchased in jan 2015.]i,ve got no other lights on my dash, the VSA ABS and triangle all operate correctly at start up ie appearing and then going out as car starts.i have not experienced a flat battery since owning the car apart from when picking the car up from HH in january they had to jump it with a starter pack as it was flat then but other than that its been fine always starting the car at first turn of key.can anyone shed some light for me is it just a battery issue or should i be banging on HH s doors before my warranty expires in december.work carried out on car recent has been an MOT and front wheel alignment and new front tyres fitted after that.

2. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Mine does the same always has done it's intermittent I put it down to the battery which is now easily over 5yrs old but the car sits all week long at work and its never failed to start yet. Personally if HH say there is nothing wrong then I wouldn't worry about it at all.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    VSA/ABS lights seem to be hot topics this evening.

Low battery conditions can cause ABS/VSA (and PAS if you have it) warning lights to show.

4. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    This must be Karma as mine just started this :Smile:

5. david garrington Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

dave uk
    ok thanks very much for the replys dave and speedy g did not think it was big problem but just wanted to know if anyone else was getting same thing,ill plod on with the trickley charger till i eventually have to replace the battery loath to do so now as its starting car ok will see what happens to it on the first really cold snap.ta v much.

6. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I'd keep nagging the dealer you bought it from. If they sold you a car with a duff battery - which appears to be their claim/excuse/reason (delete as applicable) - then they at least need to give you a replacement battery... having to use a starter pack when you first bought it was a poor beginning!

If you assume that this problem is merely a weak battery (and I'm not convinced) then this needs to be either proven or ruled out before any warranty expires, leaving you with a potentially massive bill if it turns out they were fobbing you off. To a Honda dealer the replacement battery is a trivial cost, so let them supply you with a replacement!

Nels likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  8. david garrington Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

dave uk
    hi sorry didnt update i replaced the battery in the end but the annoyance still persists .i have since found out from another very good honda forum that this problem can be resolved by a software update being applied but to be honest if its not doing anything harmful to the car i,m happy to live with this .i was planning on replacing the battery before winter set in anyway as i discovered it was the origional and probably well past rely on all year round date.thanks everyone.

9. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    This may be an MOT failure if an ABS/VSA warning indication is present. I'd still want the dealer to fix it!

10. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

My car has passed the MOT, in 2 different garages with the VSA light on, first time it had just come on and I had the wheel speed sensor in the boot. Second time after fitting wheel speed sensor and clearing the codes 2 out of the 3 came back on, so I got fed up and just left it. Not sure if it needs resetting / neutralising (I think that's the right word?)by honda after fitting the wheel speed sensor.

11. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    Yes, normally it should be neutralised. But you can do this yourself by shorting out some pins on the OBD2 connector. I've posted here before on how to do this, and I'm pretty sure that there is a thread on doing this.

12. Kris81 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Yes I think I read that.
    I need to give it ago