Suspension, Steering and Brakes ABS/VSA Modulator And Pump

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by daveaw339, Saturday 21st Jul, 2012.

1. daveaw339 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi

:Hooray: Just an up date on the problem with my modulator, it turned to be the break pressure sensor, the original unit was sent away for a diagnostic and repair at a cost of £225 including vat and p.p.
    The wiring to the unit was inspected and tested before the repaired unit was re-fitted and re-coded. All is now well and I have no more lights on my dash, so a big thank you to all those that replied to my first request. :Smile:

Cheers

Dave

:Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy::Happy:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Excellent result Dave, just shows by proper diagnostic and troubleshooting you don't have to throw parts at the car to fix a problem.

Do give your feedback to where you had the work done , it may help others.

3. daveaw339 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi

The work was carried out at Kam Servicing, see the address below.

Kam Servicing - Sutton-In-Ashfield
    MOHAN HOUSE
    NEWARK ROAD
    Sutton-In-Ashfield
    Nottinghamshire
    United Kingdom
    NG17 5JP

Tel: 01623 443399

Dave

Ichiban likes this.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. Paul Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Great news Dave. I was lucky and mine went during warranty period so was replaced. Wouldn't like to have paid the full price. Your fix is definitely a lot healthier on the wallet.

6. daveaw339 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi

Thank you, still I paid just under £900 to get it done, wish I had Found Kam Servicing a lot sooner.

7. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    My ICTDI is having trouble too... it threw up three warning lights earlier this week... ABS, VSA and the ! in a triangle... (The check engine light is on, which has previously been found to be benign by Honda but the situation could have changed). The car is running fine and the brakes work. I've not tested whether the ABS kicks in though.

Honda say they can run diagnostics on it, but they want me to bring the car in on a trailer as it should not be driven... or see if I can get someone local to plug in a computer to pull off the fault codes - as from that they say they should be able to provide a quote on what the likely cause is.

I'm taking it to a local garage round the corner (shorter drive than Honda, hence less risk?) to see what codes come up. Lets hope it is nothing terminal/uneconomical to fix... I really don't want to chop the Accord in just yet.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Fingers crossed for your bud, keep us posted.

9. rayhoop Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Keerat Amersham
    Quick update.
    The friendly chaps at Japex Performance in Kings Langley (Jct 20 M25) plugged the diagnostics machine in. The ABS/VSA lights were found to be caused by the rear drivers side ABS sensor.

My intermittant MIL/check engine light was only throwing up the P2004 variable length intake runner fault, which I believe is caused by build up of diesel related crud in the variable length intake manifold.

Car will be booked in with them to replace the ABS sensor for me - I could do it myself, but just don't have the time at the moment.

It looks like the Donkey will live a little longer! :Happy:

Note: Japex are the guys who changed the clutch + DMF for me a few months back. So I can easily recommend them for any one who needs an independent garage in the North West London & Bedfordshire/Buckinghamshire/Hertfordshire regions.