Engine & Gearbox ABS, VSA, Triangle while driving in snow. Now can't start the car...

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by fotonas13, Wednesday 20th Feb, 2013.

1. fotonas13 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

While driving back home the three lights came on (ABS, VSA, Triangle) and stayed on till the end of the trip ( 1mile max). It was snowing badly and VSA started to work on 2nd gear. Then I got these 3 lights.

After stopping at home i turned of the car and tried too start it immediately, the car didn't started it feels like battery is dead. While turning the key i get bunch of lights in the speedo blinking (doors, Airbag etc)...

Tried to use jumper cables, starter spins the engine, but can't start.

Recharged the batteries today (showing green on hydrometer), and tried to start the car. Starter spins the engine, but can't start.

What could be the problem? need a help.
    Why get these lights on while I was driving in snow?
  2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    An odd set of scenarios.

Check all your fuses, make sure non are blown.
  3. fotonas13 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

read on civicinfo about fuel cut of switch, does accord has the same one under the dash? Sounds like the same problem for me.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The fuel cut off valve well only kick in if you have a frontal collision.
  5. fotonas13 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I was driving on a bumping road and started speeding, when VSA started to work on the snow and these lights came on.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Sounds like something isnt getting powered up. Have your ignition switch checked out too.
  7. fotonas13 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Where it's located? you mean the ignition lock is not working?
    Last edited: Wednesday 20th Feb, 2013
  8. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sounds like your battery to me.
    Especially with low temperatures.
    The VSA came on because the tyres lost grip in the snow.
  9. fotonas13 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I used jumper cables to power on the car and it's the same situation. Starter spins, but car is not starting.
  10. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Where is what ? the fuel cutoff switch ? Hmmm I think it's to the left side of the drivers area roughly in line with your knee.
  11. fotonas13 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

ok, will try the cut off switch and the extra key in case this one is fried(immobilizer). Will let you know.

- - - Updated - - -

ok tried cut switch, new key. situation is the same

Here is video with paper clip obd reader.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQEF6OiB65I Sorry for quality.

it looks for me 61 and 66.

Also notice the immobilizer key blinking all the time....

Please help.
    Last edited: Wednesday 20th Feb, 2013
  12. jeffdat New Member Getting Started

Hi did you manage to fix the problem? If you did what was it? I had similar problem but in my case everything electrical ceased; speedo, audio, fuel gauge, and the head lights was barely visible and i had the handbrake light on as well. The vehicle will not start. Please if anyone can help.