Optional Extras ACC & CMBS warning lights - expensive?

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by lifeboatman, Monday 10th Nov, 2014.

1. lifeboatman Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The ACC and CMBS warning lights have come on for my last 2 journeys. Generally came on after I had done 10 miles. Has anyone had experience of this and, more importantly, how expensive it's likely to be? Got my Accord new in September 2008. Having just shelled out for the kids' Christmas presents I am slightly nervous of what I'm in for to get it fixed!!

Cheers, Colin

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You need to read the codes off the car first to see why they are lighting up.

3. lifeboatman Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Is that something I can do or something only a Honda dealer can do?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It's a Honda dealer job as generic code readers will not sense the LKAS system.

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    You need HDS on it to properly read the LKAS system information, Snap-On Diagnostics also reads a lot of Honda sub-systems but I'm not sure if LKAS is one of them.

6. salopian adas Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

had the same thing a while ago on my 2.4 with ADAS, turned out to be a wheel sensor(intermittent fault), sometimes it would flash up LKAS,CMBS,ABS and ACC all at the same time, has been ok for 12 months since it was done. was sorted under used car warranty by Honda dealer, so don ,t know the actual cost. I also had the warranty period extended for a further 12 months on this particular fault as it took them so long to track it down,when eventually they located the offending sensor the car was outside the warranty period but I played my face a bit to make sure it was fully sorted

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds