Reviews Accellera Phi 225/50/17 98W tyre

Discussion in 'Member's Reviews' started by richsprint, Thursday 25th Apr, 2013.

1. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi guys,

I've had these for the last 6 months and they seem to be a good value tyre with reasonable qualities for the money. The seem to sell for around £67 on Oponeo, so approx half the price of the big brands in this size.

EU ratings are: E for fuel consumption C for wet weather grip 72db for noise

I'm not saying these tyres are excellent, just a good choice if you are on a budget. I would rather have Michelin or Yokohama, but my budget doesnt stretch at the moment to them.

Accelera PHI 225/50 R17 98 W XL » Oponeo.co.uk

Elang Perdana____Tyres Industry

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Will be watching this space. Indonesia has plenty of rubber plantation so they won't be short of fresh rubber.:Wink:

at that price it not bad to get you on the road quickly.

3. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Civic boys swear by this tyre.
    Next time if I do not find Yokohama Advan at decent price might give it a try
    Syron race 1
    Syron High Performance Tyres

4. cv01jw Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

My 09 Accord had a set of new Accelera Phi's on it when I collected it in July. They were fitted by the supplying dealer, Horizon Honda in Christchurch, which to me inspires some confidence in the tyre if a franchised dealer are happy using them.

I have covered 2,000 miles in the car and the tyres seem to be fine, although I haven't had much chance to test wet grip or cold weather performance yet. I also have no other frame of reference, so I can't comment on road noise etc relative to other tyres.

5. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    well I preferred to add 5 quid and get more known brand like uniroyal or vredestein, I once paid £70 for new chineese tyre which had more plastic then rubber in it so it didn't had a grip on wet at all, never again