Optional Extras Accessories finally fitted

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by FirstHonda, Friday 20th May, 2016.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

First service for the CR-V today, and another great job from Aylesbury Honda. It's a shame that - due to my pending move to another part of the country - I probably won't be using them again. They really are very good...lets hope Bristol Honda is as good as they are!

Anyway, the service was the time for my 'sports' grille - colour coded in white - and my genuine 18" Lyra alloys to be fitted.

It really has made it look quite different...:Smile:

Next on the list - at some point - will be the rear spoiler and the genuine side-steps. Next year unless I find them cheap online...

IMG_0508. IMG_0509. IMG_0511. IMG_0510.

Nels, Zoot, leonard and 5 others like this.
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    wow that grill has really transformed the look of your CR-V and what can I say about the white/black contrast.. it is just :Wub::Wub:

FirstHonda likes this.
  3. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    Very nice !!

FirstHonda likes this.
  4. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lovely car!:Thumbup:

FirstHonda likes this.
  5. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Looks ace Sir!

Surprised you didnt get the spoiler and steps added at the same time! Look forward to seeing your completed beast!

Oh, and get it colour-coded like mine!

FirstHonda likes this.
  6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Liking the grille a lot.

FirstHonda likes this.
  7. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Another fine CR-V example and unusual wheels ,I have the same sports grille on silver and I like it but would it will looks better if it was black to blend with the headlights ?
    If someone have a Photoshop please can you try how would it looks if the sport grille is black?

FirstHonda likes this.
  8. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@leonard do you have a pic of you silver car? I'll give it a go if you like.

9. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    69390_WP_001064.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Thanks Jason , appreciated .It will be nice to see the difference.

FirstHonda likes this.
  10. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

It was done on my phone so it's a bit rough.

You don't see many CR-Vs with those fog garnishes. Very nice.

leonard, legend-ary and FirstHonda like this.
  11. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@leonard

The matt silver version matches your fog light garnishes perfectly. Personally I think the gloss black with the silver is a bit harsh.

I wonder why Honda only offer black, silver and white? You'd have thought they'd offer proper colour coded versions like they do with the rear spoilers?

- - - Updated - - -
    ^^ I think fully colour coded in white might look...a little bit Essex, or perhaps Cheshire!

:Laughing:

Last edited: Saturday 21st May, 2016
    leonard likes this.
  12. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    The wheels look as good as I thought they would when I first saw them off the car - much better than the Orions (but that's not difficult). I also have to admit the grille suits your car exceptionally well - much better than the original, the contrast with the white couldn't be better. You just don't notice it so much when the car is black. Pity I haven't got the bottle to leave mine uncovered!

Well done all round.

Keith

FirstHonda likes this.
  13. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I am bored so thought should give it a go myself...quick 5 minutes Photoshop so please excuse the rough edges..

@leonard using the same plastic black as the other trim pieces this is what i got..
    69390_WP_001064_black.

No it won't ;D come on @FirstHonda we all know you have a bit of Essex boy hidden within you.. :Wink: but honestly I quite like it..
    109761_IMG_0510.

leonard, Racy Jace and FirstHonda like this.
  14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

@155695

If I get a stone through my new grille that ruins the radiator, I'll have only one question...

...why did nobody warn me about that possibility!

:lol:

I really like the wheels, especially as I got them so cheap and by accident. I liked the 'shadow chrome' finish of the Sigma alloys I got for my Accord, and these are very similar. Of all the designs Honda offered as accessories for the 4th Generation CR-V, this is the only one they've discontinued, and I don't think I've seen another with them, although @Racy Jace found a car for sale with them.

Suffice to say I'm very pleased with how it's turned out - until the inevitable stone incident, anyway...:zen:
    - - - Updated - - -
    @legend-ary

Back in the day, I remember when colour coded cars even had their wipers done, nearly always Fords or Vauxhalls, and almost always in white.

It actually doesn't look bad, but it isn't for me!

15. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Haha I actually remember that. I think the car I remember the most is a 1982 Mazda 323 1.3 with rubber covers over the wiper that matched the colour of the car and back in those days the interior bit of door was metal so green was just everywhere :Grin:

about colour coding. yeah i know but I just did it because wanted to see how white car your white CR-V can get :Grin:

16. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

legend-ary likes this.
  17. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not at all.

I saw two on the M40 last week near Thame and they both looked classy as hell. Worth considering!

18. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

19. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I remember my first wife and I test drove a second hand Panda Bianca in about 1993, as she really wanted one. Fortunately it was rubbish, and I...erm...bought her a Metro Clubman instead. That was also rubbish, but there you go.

By the way, my first wife looked nothing like the girl in the Fiat advert...:Laughing:

legend-ary likes this.
  20. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    No it won't ;D come on @FirstHonda we all know you have a bit of Essex boy hidden within you..
    109761_IMG_0510. [/QUOTE]

And what's wrong with that!

Keith