Optional Extras Accessories for 4th Generation CR-V

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by FirstHonda, Monday 11th May, 2015.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Just wondered which of the accessories (link below) you all had on your 4th Generation CR-Vs, and which are on your "wish list."

Optional Extras - 2013 4th Generation Honda CR-V Accessory List

Mine has the "Premium Pack" (side protectors, boot tray & carpet mats), but I'd like to add the round (chrome) exhaust finisher and boot lip protector at some stage.

Any feedback or reviews on anything you have fitted (genuine or not) also welcome :Smile:

2. Davec Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dave Chippenham
    I looked at the boot lip protector when I bought mine, but decided it was protecting the least likely bit to get scratched. Its an ornament, not functional.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Sorry, just looked at the link in your post - that's a different thing.

3. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    Ed

Rear spoiler, oval exhaust and carpets in mine

To protect the boot lip I popped down to Pets at Home and bought two dog mattresses:Laughing:. One to bring the floor level up to the lip, and the other to pull forwards and back on top of it, either when loading or for making it more comfortable when sitting under the open tailgate. They are both black in colour and the material almost matches the interior. And they are both durable and waterproof. The XL sizes almost fit perfectly: I cut the lower one a little just to fit up to the outer edge but otherwise just fine

Phil

FirstHonda likes this.
  4. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Hi Ed
    I've got the rear spoiler, carpet mats, boot tray, cargo net from a previous vehicle and round exhaust pipe finisher. If you look at my garage pics all are shown on there - I hope!!!

FirstHonda likes this.
  5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Right, so I've just ordered (from HH) the round exhaust finisher and the boot lip protector.

Cosmetic the lip protector may be, but I thought I'd give it a go as I think it does look nice. Form over function? Perhaps, I'll soon find out :Laughing:

6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Just to note that there are clearly some changes for 2015MY cars vs 2014MY cars on the accessories.

The boot lip protector I was sent is for the 2015MY, and the fit is different to the 2014MY so it will need to go back to be swapped.

@Phil P I quite like the look of the rear spoiler...maybe for Christmas :Laughing:

Toggerefc likes this.
  7. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Ed, get the rear spoiler for Christmas (Santa does listen - sometimes!) IMHO it really finishes the car off and individualises it.

Toggerefc, Nels and FirstHonda like this.
  8. Phil P Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Phil Kent
    FirstHonda and Nels like this.
  9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:whathesaid:

and :whathesaid:

10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Cargo step protector (supplied by HH) fitted today by my local dealer (I know, I probably should have done it myself, but I didn't want to risk it...:dunce:)

Largely cosmetic? Yes, I think so. IMHO it looks nice though, and will hopefully protect the leading edge of the bumper which tends to get clipped as things go in and out. :fingerscrossed:

IMG_0039. IMG_0040. IMG_0042.

SpeedyGee and Nels like this.
  11. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Hi FirstHonda ,have you seen my step protector?

12. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I'm sure you could have managed to do it.
    It's these little touches that make the difference.

13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^Yes @leonard - it certainly covers a lot more of the rear bumper, but my CR-V doesn't get much hard use, and I prefer to stay with genuine Honda accessories.

leonard likes this.
  14. leonard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

leonard london
    Before I installed the step protector ,that bit of the bumper always looked dirty but sorted with that.That's why I prefered that against genuine honda one .

15. Toggerefc Premium Member Club Supporter

Yes the Spoiler definitely finishes the CR-V off on every angle. Any ideas on the cost including fitting yet. I have a birthday coming up. :gohonda:

16. crv2014ex Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom andy chesterfield
    Wish list
    Chrome exhaust tailpipe for a diesel
    Rear ambient blue lighting

17. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

@crv2014ex From my garage section:

Rear Ambiant Lighting. £2.39

The lights only come on with the engine. I probably won't bother hooking them up to the existing lighting now as I'm happy enough with the as they are.

The LEDs rotate which helps set them up. They're not even taped down. Passenger side fitted nicely between the rubber mat and subwoofer. Drivers side are layer on the floor as far as they can go. The LEDs then rotated to shine on your feet.

http://vi.raptor.ebaydesc.com/ws/eB...9208&category=72236&pm=1&ds=0&t=1455388192267

20160218_174138. 20160218_174132.

20160213_181556.
    20160213_181621.

Toggerefc and SpeedyGee like this.
  18. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I also bought these same LEDs that @Racy Jace bought. They are F-ing awesome! Kudos to @Racy Jace for discovering these beauties!

Toggerefc, SpeedyGee and Racy Jace like this.
  19. Toggerefc Premium Member Club Supporter