Wanted Accessory gearknob

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by AccordMavman, Tuesday 6th Sep, 2016.

1. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Cheshire
    image. Hi all
    Looking for another gearknob for my 7th Generation facelift I-CTDI, which was only offered as an accessory. Pic attached from brochure. HH advised now discontinued..:Frown:

Appreciate its a big ask, but if anyone can come up with one that's in good nick, I will pay a very fair price...

Thanks...:Smile:

2. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    AccordMavman likes this.
  3. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

4. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Look to the right of the picture as it is showing a 7th Generation interior.

5. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    I'm quite well aware that it's for a 7th Generation, but something as simple as a gear knob fitting will not change much as they just screw on with a clip for the gaiter. See my guide here Gear knob replacement

6. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I was referring to the links above, not the photograph posted.

7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    :sorry:

8. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi John

Thank you for this - I will call them tomorrow to see what's what.

It's been an interesting challenge trying to track one of these down. I found one on fleabay yesterday (identical to the one in the 2nd link you sent) which was advertised for an 8th Generation Civic, but when I spoke to the Honda dealer selling it, he said it wouldn't fit my Accord, which surprised me.

Appreciate your help...:Smile:

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    James any update. Why don't you try the S2000 knob its weighted and has leather and solid metal feel to it. That's is fitted to my seven gen and you will love the weighted feel to it which none of the above will give you.

10. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sounds a great idea CJ, funnily enough I was at HH just yesterday and Gareth mentioned this as an option. I thought the S2000 only had a solid, all aluminium one, as that's what they had when I worked for Honda. But that was a long time ago...

Is there any chance you could send me a pic of it? Or is there already a pic of one on the forum somewhere that you know of?

Thanks for the suggestion...

11. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
  12. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

13. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So HH have confirmed the genuine one is >£200...

I'm going to have to leave this for now, as I had my rear shockers changed last week, and my 150k service is due soon. But thanks for all the ideas, duly noted and I now have some ideas when funds allow...:Smile: