Tyres & Wheels Accessory Wheels - Tyre Pressures

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Daglefinger, Sunday 15th May, 2016.

1. Daglefinger Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Daglefing Southport
    Hi please could anyone advise me of the correct tyre pressures for the Honda Orion 19” accessory wheels (245/45/19) fitted to a 2.0 petrol manual 2WD CR-V? The ‘sticker’ in the driver’s door only shows the pressures for 17” & 18” wheels. Are the recommended pressures different between diesel / petrol and manual / auto gearboxes.
    Does anyone know if Honda supply updated / replacement stickers for accessory wheels for normal and towing conditions?
    Thanks.

2. 155695 Premium Member Club Supporter

England Keith Essex
    My Black Edition petrol, automatic, 4x4, came with 19" Orions with 245/45 Yokohama's and the door sticker only gives pressures for this set up, which are 2.4 all round for normal use with 2.4 front and 2.8 rear if towing.

After a winter during which I obtained much better MPG on my 17", 225/60 profile, Nokians running the recommended 2.6 pressures all round, I now have this on the Yokos and there does seem to be some improvement but not as much as with the winter set up.

The ride on the winter set up was however much better, both in terms of noise and actual ride.

Keith

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

When I bought genuine Honda accessory wheels for my Accord, they came with new stickers covering the size / pressures required.

I'd ask your Honda dealer to get some for you, which should be free. If not, I'd ask Honda UK customer services to send you a couple.