Tyres & Wheels Accord 05 Fitment

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by johnny boy, Friday 28th Mar, 2014.

1. johnny boy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Barnet
    Hello guys! I am going to buy a rim size is 18" et40 8j....whats this? Will this fit my accord 2005?

2. johnny boy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Barnet

Its 114.3 x5 so its okay but i am just worried about the et40 8j....don't know what it means

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    ET40 is the offset from the hub, 8j is the width of the rim. They'll fit perfectly on 225/40s tyres with no speedo inaccuracy.

Here's a comparison to the 17" stock pentas:

wheel-comparison.

4. johnny boy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Barnet
    Hi to all!

Can anyone help me with the fitment of accord 05?

I am going to purchase a rim the size is 18" 114.3x5 et40 8j fitment. Will this fit my accord 05?

Thanks

5. johnny boy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Barnet
    What do you mean by no speedo inaccuracies?

6. johnny boy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Barnet
    Thanks for the quick reply!:Smile:

7. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

@johnny boy, I'm going to merge these posts into the same thread.

If you change the overall diameter of the wheel plus tyre, your speedometer is going to be inaccurate due to less distance travelled for each turn of the wheel.

8. johnny boy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Barnet
    I thought i did it wrongly

9. johnny boy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Barnet
    Theres a follow up question

10. johnny boy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Barnet
    If i change the springs and lower it down...would the tyres hit the arch of the car?

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

That's a very subjective question, all depends on how much you lower the car. Generally on that offset and width you're not going to run into problems with slight lowering.

12. johnny boy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Barnet
    ok...35mm front and 30mm rear..is that too low?

13. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

That should be perfectly fine :Smile: You might want adjustable camber arms to bring the tracking back into spec for straight wheels and even tyre wear. Others like that "stanced" look and would leave it, completely upto you.

14. johnny boy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Barnet
    what does aspect ratio of 45 means?

15. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

You could give me a little more context? Do you mean in regards to tracking?

16. johnny boy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Barnet
    Condition:
    Used: A tyre that has been previously used, but remains in good working condition with sufficient tread ...
    Aspect Ratio:
    Rim Width:
    8J
    Tyre Type:
    All-Weather
    Number of Studs:
    Tyre Width:
    Metal Type:
    Aluminium
    Stud Diameter:
    Rim Diameter:
    Rim Structure:
    One Piece
    Offset:

actually this was the full description of the rim

17. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Ah, the easiest way to think of the tyre aspect ratio is like it's just the height of the sidewall. As it's actually flexible, if the width of the tyre differs to the width of the wheel that sidewall will either be bowing in/out which changes the height that sidewall has, hence the name "aspect ratio", it changes dependent on the ratio of the other dimensions.

As I say, easiest to think of it as just the sidewall height.

18. johnny boy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Barnet
    okay..if the tyres is a 225/40/18 do you think it would bow in?....you know I've been looking at the pictures of mr.CL7 and i have noticed that an 18" rim is a bit big if i lower it down to 35mm and 30mm it might hit the arch...I don't want the arches adjusted...getting confused now

19. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

That "bowing in" (stretching) doesn't matter so much and some people do it intentionally, it's always going to go slightly one way or another to some extent. 225/40 is a perfect fit for 18x8.

I haven't lowered mine, so I'm not the best to speak on it - but most people get adjustable coilovers and just find the best height to work with their wheel set-up. Lowering springs aren't great, you'll get a harsh ride and premature wear on the shocks - also, as you're probably realising it's a commitment to one height which may/may not work with whatever future wheel set-ups you run.

20. johnny boy Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

John Barnet
    I was checkin the price...its a bit pricy but i was planning to change my shocks as well...so might as well get coil overs...do you where i could get a good deal for coilovers?