Previously Owned Accord 2.0i EX 16v 4wALB

3rd Generation (1986-1989) vehicle added by SpeedyGee, Saturday 27th Sep, 2014

1. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    SpeedyGee submitted a new Showcase Item:

Accord 2.0i EX 16v 4wALB

Read more about this showcase item here...

2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Its amazing how we all fall in love with certain cars. The second car I built was a Toyota Conquest RSi when I lived in South Africa as a 17yr old. Over here in the UK, its the Toyota Corolla GTi. Mine was a 1988 version and had had a fight with a tree and lost. Took me 6 months to rebuild her, with a family friend doing the body work and respray. Loved her, I still have fond memories in that car. Redlined at 7500 RPM and it loved sitting there. Had the 4AGE twin cam 1.6 engine, same as the engine in the 1st Generation MR2.

Your car sounds like she was fantastic mate

SpeedyGee likes this.
  3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

On one of my original post, I said I'd owned a 4th Generation. I was wrong. She was a 3rd Generation. Like you, I don't think I have any photographs of her. Unless.... Come back to that another time.
    She was the car that started my love of Hondas. Or maybe the diamorph that started my addiction.
    Another beautiful engineering triumph from the House of Speedy. :Drinks:

SpeedyGee likes this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @Nighthawk funny you should mention the AE92 Corolla GTis, when I was looking to change from the Civic, I was actually very much interested in getting a Corolla GTi, infact narrowly missed on on a car auction bid. I hit the limit I had set myself for bidding on it and it sold about £100 more. Often thought back to that moment and cursed myself for not bidding more. I loved the unique shape of the GTis and the 4AGE engines were indeed a lovely motor.

@Nels 3rd Generation Accords just seemed a cut above everything else that was around at the time.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Check it out @Nighthawk theres actually a facebook page for AE92s Toyota Corolla AE82 GT Owners Club UK | Facebook Lol