Found Accord 2.4 A/C aircon compressor

Discussion in 'Parts & Accessories' started by johnny 5, Friday 19th Jul, 2013.

1. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am pretty sure my A/C compressor is knackered so im after a replacement please. I have a 2003 2.4 petrol, i'm certain the diesel ones are different. Thanks!

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You sure it compressor and not the relay bud?

3. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Clutch is kicking in when A/C is turned on/off, so the compresser appears to be engaging. There appears to be very high pressure in the low pressure port (i tested using one of them halfords ex chill refills), so something has gotten have gone wrong. So there is pressure and compressor clutch is engaging, I can't see what else could be causing the problem apart from the compressor having some broken internals and not compressing any air. I bought the car last winter so never tested the coldness...so from my point of view, the AC has never worked :s

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is a good sign if the A/C clutch is engaging have you got the aircon vacuumed and re-gassed professionally ? if the gas is low the system goes into protect mode.

5. johnny 5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Well, I have tried topping it up with a can of gas from halfords and the compressor kicks in but no change in temp of the air :Frown: Maybe I need a new condenser rather than the compresser?

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Those self to pump kits are dangerous in my eye they should be banned , you get a small amount of air into the system you will know about by a almighty bang. Mate if you have money burn to then change the compressor but you need to get a professional vacuum and top regardless to get to the stage to say it the compressor.