Insurance Accord 2.4 petrol Insurance costs survey

Discussion in 'Insurance & Breakdown Cover' started by hondream, Friday 26th Feb, 2016.

1. hondream Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Simon Walsall
    Accord 2.4 petrol
    Hi

Would be interesting to know how much everyone is paying for their insurance on the Accord 2.4.
    Please state whether manual or auto, 7th or 8 th generation, saloon/tourer etc.

I know there will be variables that will apply to certain individuals., NCD etc.....it's not scientific or anything.....lol

Thanks

2. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    When I had my recently departed 2.4EXi manual the fully comp insurance alone, no NCP or courtesy car, with £450 excess & 7 years NCD was about £170pa. This premium includes a multi car discount & discount for house insurance with Direct Line.

hondream likes this.
  3. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    i had mine as low as £290. 10 years ncd, no claims and no points and london postcode

hondream likes this.
  4. Alexknight91 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Alex Norwich
    Auto 7th Generation, I'm 24 with 5 years no claims, 2 declared non fault accidents and premium was £400
    Which is the least I have ever paid for insurance! :Smile:

hondream likes this.
  5. ChrisKnottIns Site Partner Club Affiliate

If you'd like us to give you a quote we'd be very happy to help yet another member of this forum.

Quoteline: 0800 917 2274

Best,
    Nick

6. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

7th Generation 2.4 Type-S
    2 drivers with 10 years + ncd
    My wife has had 2 accidents in the last 3 years which were protected ncd.
    Last year with the same details the premium was £211approx. This year with the same insurer £349
    As another my HR-V same claim details etc
    Last year £234 this year £367. They said it was because of the accidents which were there last year.
    I have just done a multi car quote
    Admiral £450 saving £266.87
    Aviva £497 saving £219.87
    Think that's the way I'm going this year.
    And I was told by my insurance company that if there's an accident this period my ncd would not be protected.

hondream likes this.
  7. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Further to my previous post.
    I rang admiral yesterday(Tuesday) to discuss my online application and when we had done the figures he quoted me were as such.
    Accord £243. HR-V £229 total around £473
    Which was a massive saving on my original insurer so I told him I'd call my insurance today to see if they could price match. Well they didn't even try so I said well in that case you can cancel both my policies as from the renewal.
    So I gave Admiral a call back and that's when things started to change!!!
    Firstly the online application had for some reason put
    12 years NCD on the Accord and 10 on the HR-V when in fact there was only 9 on both with the above NCD my premium would have been £546.66 that's everything included.
    With the new NCD plus legal cover the price was as such Accord £295.78 HR-V £288.63 total £584.41.
    I decided to do a little shopping around to see if I could get anything cheaper
    I managed to find cheaper for the HR-V but the Accord just seemed to get higher. So I decided to go with Admiral when I rang them they confirmed the cost and then tried to get me to add extra personal injury cover plus higher grade courtesy car cover plus some other crap to which I said look mate you've given me a quote that I'm happy with don't talk yourself out of my custom by adding things I don't want. So the final price multi car policy £584.41
    Which is saving me around £132 per year. So it's worth shopping around.

hondream and legend-ary like this.
  8. hondream Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Simon Walsall
    That's a very good price.

Have always found Admiral to be expensive, and hence have never insured with them, but with those sort of prices will be looking to get a quote of them next year.

9. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just out of interest guys I got my renewal documents through from the RAC today and reading through I noticed that there was legal care cover included with my cover. This started me thinking so I gave them a call and to my surprise I find that both my wife and I are covered up to £50k per claim in whichever car we are driving....
    What does that mean then?

Well I have recently taken out a multi car insurance policy with Admiral and they charged me extra for legal cover for both cars to the tune of around £60 I got a discount which took it to £44 for both cars a year.
    I decided to give my insurance a call and I explained what I had from the RAC and they promptly cancelled the legal cover and reduced my monthly payments by around £5 per month. Better in my pocket than theirs.
    What really annoyed me was I've been a member of the RAC for 4 years now and this has been written into my policy since I joined which means for the last 4 years I have been paying insurance companies extra for legal cover when I didn't need it.
    So check your breakdown policies(especially RAC) to see if you are covered then you don't need to spend extra on it with your insurance company.​

FirstHonda and hondream like this.
  10. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I bank with hsbc. We opt in for the aspects insurance cover for £9.99 per month on our joint which includes breakdown, travel and mobile phone insurance for . £120 a year to cover us both for all of the above seems a good deal. Not had to use any of it so far luckily

hondream likes this.
  11. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just check the terms and conditions of your breakdown policy to see if it includes legal cover.

hondream likes this.
  12. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I misread. I was thinking about breakdown cover as an extra to car insurance. Hsbc breakdown would be just that I'd imagine. My car policy through Chris Knott has legal cover and still worked out cheaper than all else with extras stripped out