Electrical & Lights accord 2001 y-reg speed fuel rev counter dials not working,and no digital milage disp

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by Richard Leach, Monday 28th May, 2012.

1. Richard Leach New Member Getting Started

turned on the ignition engine fires up and runs but no digital display for milometer,speedo rev and fuel gauge needles not working, and temp needle shoots straight to red..Turned off car for 15 minutes fired up again and everything worked..Could it be to do with power to the circuit board behind the dash.Also some times i have to reset radio code as that happens when there has been a brake in power like if you removed the battery .But the dash display thing really bothers me..Any idear as if it happens again i will then take it to a garage..

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    How many times has this happened?

3. Richard Leach New Member Getting Started

Re: accord 2001 y-reg speed fuel rev counter dials not working,and no digital milage

just once today with the dash display and twice with the radio code.

4. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Re: accord 2001 y-reg speed fuel rev counter dials not working,and no digital milage

Getting hot under the collar mate, this hot weather has me doing crazy things like repairing my VW turd for some reason.

I won't bothere until it does it a few more times.

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke

i would suggest part of the problem is your battery. have it tested or at leist give it a good overnight charge. the guage unit is its own ECU so to speak and needs a minimum voltage to work propperly, when cranking the voltage drops. if your battery is on the blink you can get these little gremlins.

6. Richard Leach New Member Getting Started

Thanks but the battery is only 2 months old..

7. Richard Leach New Member Getting Started

Today i started the car and all the gauges in the instrument cluster stopped working. They all went to zero, save for the temperature gauge which went to the max mark. The fuel light also came on, when I still had ~half a tank of fuel..And there was no digital display on the trip meter...The engine run ok, Is this the circuit board behind the dash clocks a loose wire or something..

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds

Rich as they guys have already said just wait and see what happens , if you battery is 2 months old then you should be good.