Intake System Accord 2004 induction kit

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Shutey70, Wednesday 16th Mar, 2016.

1. Shutey70 New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Mark HUDDERSFIELD
    Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced Induction kit for my 2004 accord 2 litre sport vtec

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Duc de Pommfrit likes this.
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  4. moi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gm Gardne Tavistock
    ...why anyone would think that an aftermarket induction kit would be better than anything Honda engineered is simply beyond me? Complete waste of money...same goes for K&N filters!

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

You're thinking of just filters only. We are talking about complete intake changes, which if you have further mods planned for your engine are a must.
    You gain power by giving the engine more air, more air means more fuel can be added. You also need to make sure your exhaust is more free flowing.

If you still have doubts @moi, come sit with me in my Accord, or @DeviateDefiant or @K24 CL9 GUY .. or anyone that has modified their car. Let's seeing if you're still telling us the above after you been out in our cars.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.
  6. moi Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gm Gardne Tavistock
    ...my position would most definately remain fixed as whilst I appreciate the engineering principles concerning power gains the fact is the Honda normally aspirated engines are so well engineered from the off including intake arangements that to obtain appreciable and demonstrable power gains and not simply extra noise requires mucho expense...not warranted on a car never designed as a performance model...now an ATR which I also owned is a different matter as it was designed as a performance model with the associated suspension,diff,brakes ET...

7. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    And mine :excited:

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@moi whilst I can understand your desire not to alter the stock set up of your car, there are many others who do want to alter theirs.
    One of the huge benefits of this forum, is that it allows for sensible discussion of the what and how. There are very knowledgeable and experienced members on HK who really do know what they are doing. As long as they ensure their cars are road legal, then it is up to each individual.

Having said that, I have no desire to alter mine, but that's my choice.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

They are designed to a certain specification yes but the fact that they are such high quality means that there is lots of potential there. Yes I agree that it comes at a hefty cost but the results are amazing. You'd be surprised how even a mildly modified CL9 would stack up really well against a ATR.

10. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

My car is standard and I have no desire to change it but it is a subject I find very interesting.
    Standard cars to me always seem like a compromise in terms of comfort noise, fuel consumption and driving pleasure. a change to a component such as the air induction will increase noise for sure but I guess can help with engine breathing at higher RPM, the Vtech is good at. Certainly Honda do a fantastic job of getting it so right.

I do like induction noise... but my car is a family wagon so is kept standard. So added noise isn't an option but gaining more power is always desirable but you cannot have one without the other.

I know forced induction cars need better breathing and gas exhaust flow. So I guess the vetch will benefit at the higher rev range.

Its interesting to know what the real BHP and torque gains might be on these, but I would imagine the engine might rev much more freely (if that's possible) with some improved breathing maybe giving a better throttle response. But BHP isn't everything.. the way it drives and responds gives a car more character and more smiles per gallon.

11. K24 CL9 GUY Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Guy Gloucester
    This is a certain as yes was a brilliant car out the box but with the modifications I have done it has completely transformed it from a sporty saloon into an aggressive racing machine that now beats many cars it wouldn't have before with the standard set up. The ECU was probably the biggest change as gave better throttle response, increased rev range and 2000rpm's worth extra VTEC which with all the other mods makes it an animal and would be more than happy to take you for a blast to experience it :Smile:

legend-ary likes this.
  12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Indeed and you can get with a simple ECU map as the torque curve is flattened and spread across the rev range. This is what @K24 CL9 GUY is saying above.

K24 CL9 GUY likes this.