ICE & HFT Accord 2007 AUX Port?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by sheedatali, Thursday 20th Sep, 2012.

1. sheedatali Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys, I recently started reading up on this. I have Honda Accord 2007 I-CTDI ( Non-EX version). Is there a way I could connect my iPod or phone to car audio system? If yes then what parts do I need and is there a guide for that? Thanks in advance.

/sheeda

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Do a search for Xcarlink. I'm sure someone did a write up.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  4. davemazo Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

And heres mine fitted. The ipod cable I`ve run into the glove box out of the way seeing as I don`t have an ipod or anything else beginning with an "i"

View attachment 4728

5. sheedatali Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Excellent guys, thanks. I am getting my XCarlink delivered today. Will post back results.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I wish one the admin teams would have known you were going to buy it, we would have given you the club discount code, you could have saved 15% !

7. sheedatali Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Oh damn, I did not knew :Frown:. Can I send them the code now to give me refund ?

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    call them and ask them if that works for you. I have just sent you a PM with the code.

9. sheedatali Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you so much. Guess what I just called and they honoured it. Very impressed with customer service. Thanks again.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  11. Rob Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello again Gents, I was about to write a post to ask you guys about fitting an ipod connecter to my 7th Generation CDTi Sport.

Given the wealth of knowledge on display on this site, I thought I should search the site first before I put it out there and made myself look a bit of a doughnut. Glad I did.
    Looks like a pretty achievable task even for a non-tinkerer like myself, although I'm not overly keen on the thought of bits of my dashboard being strewn all over the place!!
    Where's a decent place to get the bits and pieces needed for such a job?

Also, I'm about due for a 6000 mile oil change and was wondering if Honda parts were absolutely necessary for this change? Would appreciate any thoughts.
    Have fun..

Ichiban likes this.
  12. sheedatali Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You just need a screw driver and Xcarlink. Well that is what I used and follow the instructions given in the forum. Just a note that I did not had to get audio unit out because in my case cd changer port was visible once I pulled glove box out.

I have small problem however. I managed to break the Audio line in cable, does anyone know if I can get a replacement? USB function works as expected.

//ssheeda

13. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

For fitting the iPod adaptor you don't need any special tools, just take your time and gently prise the trim.
    Magnetic tipped screwdrivers are handy for catching the screws.

As for the oil change, I would use a genuine Honda oil filter. But the oil I would get from Lubetech.
    You can get Honda parts from our affiliated dealer Holdcroft Honda.
    As for Lubetech check the traders section for details.

14. Rob Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the advice, I reckon I'll give it a whirl.

15. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just a reminder Lubetech oils do have a discount code , so do xcarlink, if you need them please approach one of the admin team they will send it via PM.
    Holdcroft Honda just ring them and tell them your username from here.

16. Rob Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the info but you'll have to excuse my ignorance.........when you say admin team, are you referring to people at Lubetech and xcarlink or someone linked with this site?

17. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I would say the admin team on this site. They have various discount codes.

18. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Contact admin on this forum for any discount codes.
    Ichiban Accord or any of the moderators and they will send it to you via PM.

19. Rob Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cheers Blue, Zoran.

Now I know.