Tyres & Wheels Accord 2008 (08th Gen) 2.4 Exec Auto - Tyre Change - 225/50/17 to 225/45/17

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by ryanedmunds, Saturday 17th Aug, 2013.

1. ryanedmunds New Member Getting Started

Hey Guys!

First post - actually based in South Africa but very little info/forums available for the Accord Euro's this side!

I'm looking at replacing my tyres, and I see the stock factory fitted are 225/50/17, however here in SA the price difference between these and 225/45/17's is almost double.

I know it's not ideal, and that it will affect my speedo, however I was wondering if anyone here has done this and if any other negatives were experienced?

Is there anything else I should be aware of?

Is this a no no no?!

Any help would be much appreciated!

R

Last edited: Saturday 17th Aug, 2013
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You will be fine with a 45 side wall for example you are doing 70 MPH indicated on your dash and with your new tyres 225/45/17 your real speed will be 67.6 MPH.

Welcome to the forum get some pictures of your car:Hey:

3. ryanedmunds New Member Getting Started

Hey Ichiban Accord,

Thanks for the confirmation, will look at putting the 45 shoes on her Monday/Tuesday! :Smile:

Suppose my main concern would be stability/ABD/Suspension - but think all should be okay.

Will post some snaps ASAP! Just picked her up this last week. Soooo good to be back to Honda!!!

Thanks for the welcome :Wink:

R

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    hey Ray did you fit these tyres any pictures and reviews how the car behaves with its new shoes.