ICE & HFT Accord 2009 with Premium Audio - trouble playing MP3 from USB Stick or CD-R - Help!

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by howbar, Wednesday 2nd Oct, 2013.

1. howbar New Member Getting Started

Hi,
    I have just bought a 2009 Accord 2.4l i-VTEC auto petrol, and am very happy with it :Smile: - good to be back in a premium car after my peugeot!

However, I am trying to use the Premium Sound System and am having a few issues:Ermm:.
    1. Tried plugging in USB stick with MP3 files - 'unsupported' displayed. I have tried 4GB and 64GB sticks, formatted with FAT32, with MP3 128kbps files in the root.
    2. So, tried writing MP3 files to the root of CD-R and putting into the CD changer. I used Adobe Media Encoder to set the files to a) MP3, 128kbps b) MP3 320kpbs c) WMA 9.2 lossless 44.1 KHz 16-bit files, all written to CD-R using Nero v12 as CD-ROM (UDF). All come back with 'Bad Disk - please refer to owners manual'.

What am I doing wrong? My preference would be the USB stick, I think, but would like to get both working so I can decide which interface I find the most workable. Has anyone got a step-by-step guide to this, including exactly what formats to use?

Thanks in advance.

H

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Re: Accord 2009 with Premium Audio - trouble playing MP3 from USB Stick or CD-R - Hel

Welcome to AOC, Howbar and congrats on purchasing a rather rare 2.4 Accord.

I'm not familiar with the 8th Generation sound systems but Im sure someone will be along soon to advise you.

3. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Re: Accord 2009 with Premium Audio - trouble playing MP3 from USB Stick or CD-R - Hel

My memory stick had a partition on it for security software that I had to delete. As for the burning a cd, did you finalize it?

4. howbar New Member Getting Started

Thanks Racy - I have checked and there are no hidden partitions on the USB Stick. And, yes I finalised the CDs.

5. Graham Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just a thought, (and maybe not a very good one) but it might be worth trying putting your MP3s into folders on the USB stick.

I have an almost identical car, and usually set up a folder with each Album/Artist name, and then (in Explorer) drag the MP3s one at a time into the folder. The reason I do them one at a time is that when I block selected and moved them, the track order was sometimes wrong when displayed on the car.

I'm also using a 4GB stick, and using the above method seems to suit the player's menu system, so that it displays the album titles to choose from, and then allows display and selection of individual tracks.

Is there any chance that you could borrow a USB stick that works on someone else's 8th Generation Accord to test that it will work on yours?

6. Nick Allen Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The multi CD player cannot play MP3's etc... From what I remember there is a limit on the number of files that it will recognize on a USB stick, I got fed up with this approach and bought a little 2nd hand IPOD touch thing works a treat no issues..

7. Tadpaul Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a 32Gb USB stick in mine with over 120 folders on it. Some of the folders have 99 tracks in them. ( I think the limit is 100 tracks per folder).
    As for FAT32 I think that is correct.

8. BanditSid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have more than 100 tracks in one of my folders and it plays fine, it shows the correct 3 digit number on the Sat Nav display, but the clock/radio display only shows the last 2 digits.

I have a PC app I found on a Honda forum somewhere that re-orders the MP3 files on a memory stick so they appear on the car audio system in alphabetic order - as opposed to the order they were written. I've found a copy of it here :- Mp3DirSorter - Free download and software reviews - CNET Download.com

9. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London

Thanks BanditSid, this app may actually be very helpful for me... I normally just hook up my iPhone as it charges it as well but for some reason I do have some songs on a USB, which are hard to navigate

Also, for people's benefit I do get unsupported with my iPhone sometimes, normally after a software upgrade or a sync. I restart my phone and works fine then.