General Accord 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nighthawk, Saturday 20th Feb, 2016.

1. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Rather than taking over @vincemince thread about the Civic, I like the new Accord - come on HUK, we really need this car here. Good advert too, car sounds quite nice for a V6

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Me likes !

Nighthawk likes this.
  3. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

That has to come to the UK.

I was reading the motoring supplement of the Newcastle Journal. On the front page was the new Kia Optima tourer which is a major part of their European business plan as according to the chief of Kia UK the European D Segment accounts for two thirds of sales.

Come on Honda time to face facts Ford, VW, Mazda, Kia have just spent millions renewing their presence in the segment so it can't be that small a market sector now can it?

4. dinoc Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Romania Bucharest
    That is the US Accord, isn't it?
    And is uglier than CU2 and even uglier than CL ... can't Honda hire some good designer to come up with some proper design?
    And those wheels from second video look so ugly ...

They should bring the new Acura ILX that one looks so nice (looks like CL :Smile:), with 8 speed dual clutch transmission and 2.4 petrol engine or some new turbo one :Smile:
    2016 Acura ILX | Photos, Specs, Accessories | Acura.com

Last edited: Sunday 21st Feb, 2016
  5. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I quite like the design but it has taken tome to grow on me. When I first saw it back in 2012 I wasn't sure but now I like it.

My only concern is over it's size. They're labelling it as bigger than the Toyota Camry so whilst that isn't an issue in the US I wonder what it would be like in our car parks and town centres.

My 8th Generation fills some parking bays especially at work in some of the bays in the yard. I don't want to block the walkway at the back of the bay so my Accord ends up sticking out a bit further than most other cars.

To be honest if we do get a new Accord model I don't think it should be any bigger than the 8th Generation as that is large enough really.

Nighthawk and exec like this.
  6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    ILX is based on the Civic so still not a replacement for Accord.

John Dickson and exec like this.
  7. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    I used to find this bland, but really grew on me after time, like John my concern would be the size, it looks huge, more 5 series size and that would put me off, 7th Generation Accord is the perfect size.

The Acura TLX would be the perfect new Accord, although it looks kinda too short.