ICE & HFT Accord 7th Generation pre facelift bluetooth and ipod

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by tonygw, Monday 22nd Apr, 2013.

1. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hi Guys

I was serisouly considering getting the Xcarlink bluetooth and ipod adapter to fit to my pre faceift 2004 accord tourer 2.4 ex with sat nav. However one thing has put me off is that the bluetooth will only work will the stereo is selected to cd/aux. So if i was listening to the radio the bluetooth would not be heard through the car speakers.

This is a shame as I relaly liked the unit.

So does anybody know of another option where bluetooth can be used regardless of what the stereo is playing? Do the parrot kits work in thie way or would they ahve the same problem.

Or do Honda do any aftermarket kit to fit to this?

Any advice greatly appreciated!
    Thanks
    Tony

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Tony sorry if you want to listen to radio what do you want the Bluetooth to do ? I not grasping the concept here .

3. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Hi there, if the radio is on I would like to receive the call through Bluetooth automatically like my old Kenwood stereo did. But it seems this system has to be switched to cd/aux for this to work. I don't know if the parrot systems allow this.

4. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

If you fit a parrot, system the music will mute when you receive a call.

5. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thanks, don't get me wrong the xcarlink looks to be a great piece of kit and many are happy with it. Its just I like to have my cake and eat it. My old kenwood unit had a bluetooth module, it wouldn't stream music but had a separate iPod connection which worked well, but when the phone rang it would answer the call what ever the stereo was doing, cd usb radio or ipod. alas on the accord its satnav system cannot be changed for an after-market system, no bad thing as I love it but was trying to get the same functionality as I previously had. The xcarlink fits the bill for the aux input. I know our company cars have the parrot systems which work well for calls but have no ipod or music streaming function, sure there is a version that does but its big £££'s.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I don't think there is a solution to your query bud, never seen anyone requesting this before, never know someone may have done this somewhere.

7. ann_kelvin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think most of the system work similar way as xcarlink since they are all connected to the aux port on the player which will only give speaker output when aux is selected on the player.

8. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Thanks guys, I think the solution isnt an elegant one but seems to do what i need. I will use the Xcarlink for ipod but a separate bluetooth device with built in speaker running from the cigarette lighter. It won't take calls through the car speakers but through its own built in speaker. I think I can live with that. well I I'll give it a go. Thanks Tony

9. naslam968 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

London
    I don't know if you have installed any thing in your car by now but if you haven't then read on

The Parrot MKi9200 works fine for making or receiving call when attached with amplifier istead of stereo and navigation works as well at the same time. I have tested the iPhone, iPod with Honda Accord with premium sound and Navigation, both works flawlessly. Sound quility isn't bad either I would rather say excellent sound reproduction with iPhone and iPod. I haven't tried bluetooth streaming but will give it go in the morning. Hope this will help or maybe too late.

- - - Updated - - -

Installed Parrot Mki9200 in My Honda Accord Executive 2003, struggled for a while but manage to get it working after trying different wiring set up for Relay which is part of the SOT 047. Diagram which came with the lead wasn't much help either.

Anyway if anybody wants to follow please read below just in case anybody try to install in Future.

Blue Connector from SOT O47 needs to attached to Amp. Red wire from Relay needs to be connected correctly, Yellow wire from Relay needs to be connected to yellow wire coming out from Parrot Bluebox and the most importantly Pink wire has to be inserted behind the Stereo into Blue connector. There is only one empty slot (it was only empty slot compare to the one I have seen on the web i.e. 2.0 Liter model With premium sound which have more empty slots) fully with help of really small screw driver (I used iphone screwdriver) and checked visually before putting back the Blue connector into Stereo.

20130602_125651. 20130602_125707.

- - - Updated - - -

Third picture with empty slot is from 2.0L Accord with Premium Sound, in 2.4 Exective model there is only one empty slot for pink wire.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sunday 2nd Jun, 2013
    Paul_The_Human likes this.