Dealers/Garages Accord 8th Generation Owners Poll- Servicing Schedules and Reminders

Discussion in 'Dealers, Garages & Body Shops' started by Ichiban, Wednesday 18th Jan, 2012.

?

8th Generation Accord service reminder system

Poll closed Sunday 5th Aug, 2012.
  1. Is the SvRS enabled on your car?

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. Are you aware how to access the SvRS menu?

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  3. Are you aware how the SvRS system works?

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  4. Where you given the SvRS leaflet explaining its features ?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. SvRS is too difficult to understand.

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Do you trust SvRS?

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  7. Are you aware how the service intervals are calculated?

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  8. Has the system prompted you for a service?

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  9. Is SvRS is a good system.

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  10. Do you dislike the service reminders ?

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    In 2008 Accord and 2009 Jazz models saw the introduction of a new Service Reminder System or SRvS system. This system was designed for owners to gauge when the car’s engine oil and other service items which needed to be replacing. Honda wanted find the balance of a traditional severe and normal condition fixed service schedule to determine an accurate service point. It also dependent on how the owners drives the car and it does not do away on just how many miles the car has travelled.

All other service items i.e air,pollen,fuel filters are still calculated on a distance or time basis so the system will prompt the owners to visit the dealer at least once per year.

We have already started thread around SvRS to expand on this topic.

http://hondakarma.com/threads/43/

http://hondakarma.com/threads/87/

http://hondakarma.com/threads/44/

To gauge the effectiveness of this system and to ascertain if this is a good feature can the 8th Generation owners please give their opinions.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I bought my 8th Generation 2 months ago and SvRS didn't come on yet so will report when it happens.you said this is for cars from 2009.Mine is 2008,does my car even have this?I will let you know if it come on.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well spotted you are right they started the SvRS in 2008 models. flick through the information button and it will tell you the distance and time to the next service.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ok mate.will do when I get back home this weekend.working away again.getting a bit tired being away from home all the time.thanks for heads up about info button.ill have a look.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    No worries dude, as for work its occupational hazard I am afraid it goes with the territory. I am travelling much further these days to do work.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    BTW you have not voted yet ...get that poll filled out if we know where the issues lie we can do a thread to cover the pain points.:Whistle:

7. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Done,just voted now.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  9. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

This is some info about re-setting the light...don't know if it works or not

1. Insert the key into the ignition. Turn the ignition switch to the "on" position. Do not start the Honda.

2 Press the "Sel/Reset" button repeatedly until the oil life indicator appears on the display.

3 Press and hold the "Sel/Reset" button until the oil life indicator and maintenance code blinks.

4 Press and hold the "Sel/Reset" button until the oil life indicator resets to 100 and the maintenance item code is no longer displayed.

With thanks to ehow.co.uk.

Last edited: Wednesday 18th Jan, 2012
  10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    well the above reset procedure is fine as long as the owner is aware that if they reset the display without doing the service, the system will not show the proper service interval.

This can lead to serious mechanical problems because you will no longer have an accurate record of when the service is needed and this may also
    affect the cars warranty as dealers will pick up the history.

This for the unscrupulous people out there, this reset is a god send to make a car legit. So buy beware use your own judgement look for the obvious signs.

11. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Just found out that my car does not have SvRS enabled:Angry:

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That's a shame bud there could be two options on your scenario, when the car is manufactured the factory turn off the SvRS system as the official handover to the customer may be some time. Rather than having the SvRS system on countdown it is activated for the first time by the Honda dealers at during PDI using the HDS software. At the point of sale the option is given to the customer if they don’t want the system activated as describe here http://hondakarma.com/threads/45/

However if the owner has specifically for it to be turned off ,the dealer does a STOP Service Reminder using the HDS and get the customer to sign the document to that effect. If the Service Reminder System is activated and then deactivated for any reason, it is not possible to reactivate the system again. In order to allow the system to work after being deactivated it will be necessary to replace the gauge assembly.

So when you buying a car make sure you hit the information button and flick through the menus to see the SvRS menu. In your case Zoran it can be it not turned on ever or it the latter then it no point getting it activated.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014