Introductions Accord Aerodeck 1986/1989 UK

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ohrly, Friday 20th May, 2016.

1. ohrly New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom Becca Cambs

Hi! I'm Becca, from the UK.

Was recommended to join here as a great place for info on older models.

I currently own a 1986 A20A2 Aerodeck (manual) on 44k, and also a 1989 A20A4 Aerodeck (auto) on around 90k but being rebuilt.

The silver 1986 is sitting around for future and the green auto is my current project. It was originally bought for spares for the silver one but I fell in love with it and it stayed - I even ended up buying a spare car for that one so I could replace the engine after the crank snapped (have a few parts left, it's a 3G sedan but only really have lights and reflectors left, sent the shell for scrap). I'm now in the process of rebuilding the engine and doing an OBD1 swap at the same time (F22 distributor, P06 ECU mapped from H-Tune, B16 intake mani and injectors). I know, I know "it's an auto, why bother" - I'll eventually be doing a manual swap but I'm going to wait until the auto box dies for now as I'll have to ship from US or Japan as there's (apparently) less than 10 manual ones left in the UK, they're pretty hard to find parts for. And I refuse to take the box from the 44k original one for obvious reasons.

I'll get a 'build' thread sorted at some point too :Smile:
  2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Hello @ohrly and welcome to HondaKarma. Fantastic looking Aerodeck you have got there. .Initially I thought has it drowned in a recent flooding or what but silly me... :Foolish:
    but yeah sounds like you have some big plans for your pair and looking forwards to the build .. :mechanic:

To start off please add your cars to the club garage which will give you a build thread of each. Guide here: How to add your vehicle to the Club Garage (Guides - )
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome @ohrly smashing car love to see it one day.
  4. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Now that you are an active member please note that you are eligible to vote for the Honda of the Month and other awards to members
  5. HondaHeritage Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

slim london
    hi becca welcome to the forum
    good to see another older honda on the forum
    Ichiban likes this.
  6. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Welcome to HondaKarma @ohrly :welcome:

Great to see an Aerodeck join up.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Hi Becca Welcome to Honda Karma :Hey: That's a lovely rare Aerodeck :Thumbup: