ICE & HFT Accord Bluetooth A pillar HFT unit

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by carters66, Wednesday 25th Mar, 2015.

1. carters66 New Member Getting Started

I am hoping someone can help me on this. I have a 2004 Honda Accord 2.0 i-VTEC Executive 4d Auto and have the supplied device that is mounted on the column between the passenger window and windscreen, it has 3 buttons on it and a small LED light at the top. I do not know how to work it and have a feeling it may be broken. When I turn the ignition on a red light comes on for a split second and then that is it, no matter what buttons I press nothing lights up.

Any help would be much appreciated?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi @carters66 welcome to HK, I have moved your thread to your correct forum. please take time to ensure you open threads in the correct location.

I had the same bluetooth kit on my 2004 Tourer and these kits had a weakness in their electronics the main bluetooth module failed , the good thing is they are not expensive to replace like the facelift modules which are over 700 pounds.

IIRC this kit was for 40 quid and the problem was fixed.

3. carters66 New Member Getting Started

Thanks Ichiban. Do I need go go to a Honda dealer to get this replaced, if not could you advise who/how I go about this?

4. Mr Honda Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Dublin
    I have the same bluetooth kit, it connects up to 3 phones only and adding a fourth will erase the first paired phone. Reading from the manual, it says, press volume up and volume down buttons at the same time till the blue led is flashing, then set your phone to search for bluetooth devices. The phone should find EL-HA1 followed by a few numbers.
    This should be the Honda Accessory bluetooth device.
    The phone then asks for a pin to be used, usually 0000, or 1234. Make sure there is only one bluetooth device on when searching and pairing the device.

To erase the memory, press and hold the volume up and down button for 5 seconds or more, the memory is erased once the red led flashes 3 times followed by a "success tone", the blue led starts to flash once again, stating the phone has gone back to pairing mode.

http://www.honda-access.com/268/en/Images/50138.pdf