General Accord breaking sales records in USA

Discussion in '9th Generation (2013)' started by tomwillie, Sunday 14th Sep, 2014.

1. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    Check out Honda.com, the new Accord is breaking sales record there.

If Honda cars for EU were sourced from USA there would be much greater choice of vehicles to chose from. If Swindon is greatly under-utilised it is due to lack of choice & marketing, Honda UK needs to get its act together.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I don't think you'll find a single person in the club that will disagree on the whole Swindon and line-up situation. This year is going to be an extremely hard year for HUK in general, and the dealers are feeling the pressure and squeeze right now.

The light at the end of the tunnel is next year, new Civic Type-R, new Jazz, new HR-V and of course the NSX.

The unfortunate thing is that all we hear through the grape-vine at the moment is that we're likely going to miss the 9th Generation completely, and only see a new European Honda saloon with the 10th Generation Accord.

Honda have recognised the issue, they know it, the problem is we're going through a transitional period right now and it's just a waiting game - we're waiting on several new models and a new line-up of Turbo VTEC engines. I can't see Honda getting out of the rut properly until Q3/4 2015.

3. tomwillie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

England Tom Royston
    My wife's new 2.0 VTEC CR-V could do with a turbo to make it as nice to drive as my 2.4 VTEC Accord so I hope that is in available in next generation CR-V.

Also Honda UK need a better auto box, again I believe as they have in USA. When on holiday in USA earlier this year our hire car was a Nissan Altimar which had a CVT with defined gears & it was excellent to drive as no doubt is CVT auto USA Accord.

The current UK 8th Generation. Accord is still being produced, but is this just for EU?

4. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I drove the 9th Generation when I was in Australia. Very quiet, very smooth (auto box mainly in Aus), lovely to sit in. Drove the 8th Generation over there as well (we were very close to emmigrating due to my work but it didnt work out at the last minute) and truthfully, I prefered the gen 8 - or the Euro Accord as they call it. The gen 8 was sportier, more stable, quicker to respond etc. I might still have some pics that I took of the Gen 9 - Il take a look and see if I can post them up

EDIT:

IMAG0365_zps8b308dff.

IMAG0366_zps6eed1edc.

IMAG0367_zps71a269fd.

IMAG0370_zps0b50a0ab.

IMAG0364_zpsfee22b62.

IMAG0363_zpsdacc4b20.

IMAG0362_zps4e6ebf33.

And the 8th Generation

IMAG0372_zpsef1e4401.

I think I still have the brochure the sales rep gave me for the 9th Generation. Il see if I can find it, depresses me looking through the aussie paperwork as we really had our hearts set on getting out of the UK.

5. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

That Accord is a big Yank Tank (not that big!) and has bombed spectacularly in Oz, etc, so I doubt it would sell here either.

The Hybrid version (like a locomotive, only with a lock-up facility) is very interesting, but they cannot make enough due to a shortage of batteries.

The closest to the old 8G (TSX) would be the new TLX, but that's being sold as an Acura in Russia/Ukraine, so likely won't come here.

Honda has patented the design for the Chinese Spirior (that used to be an 8G Euro-Accord) over here, but that's as far as it's gone.

I should imagine the funk will continue until probably 2016/17, when the interesting new models start to arrive; apparently only the 2.0 300BHP turbo is really ready as yet.

If anyone is left...

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I was told categorically the 9th Generation Accord will be coming to the UK, but they still haven't stopped production of the 8th Generation either so who making these decision is anyone guess.

Swindon Gestapo at work? hell yeah

7. Blues Legend Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Wake me up when the S1000 gets here...

8. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I saw plenty in Canada this month, alas we hired something a bit different, a dodge challenger RT Classic 5.7l Hemi V8 :Smile: I liked the look of the Accord though!

20140911_092319.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    American Muscle can't beat the noise of a Hemi V8 :dribble:

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I'm not afraid to say I'd own either, and cherish them.

plymouth_hemi-cuda-1970_r22.

1969+camaro2.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    It's a shame they can't take bends that quick LOL

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

You should see what they're doing with them these days, retrofitting modern power steering racks and full suspension overhauls. I dream of a project with one of the above and a twin turbo'd J37 :king:

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Twin turboed J37 .. shall I pencil you in for late next year ? :Grin:

Ichiban and DeviateDefiant like this.
  14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    add me to the list too..

15. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

20140910_161024. 20140911_092307.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Do you like the number plate?

DeviateDefiant and Ichiban like this.