Suspension, Steering and Brakes Accord CL9 Brake discs and pads

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by JamesS, Monday 3rd Nov, 2014.

1. JamesS Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Leeds
    Hi all,

Right, managed to sell the Penta's so I am going to put the money towards some new pads and discs.

Been looking at EBC or Tarox on ebay and the web. Does anyone have any favorites or brands they stick by? Always used Mintex on the Lexus, but would like to improve performance a little if possible.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I normally stick to stock as well but ended up with Mintex pads and discs on the rear as I did them on a whim one weekend.

Front are OEM pads and discs.

4. JamesS Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

James Leeds
    Hmm.....I always struggle to justify spend dealer money on OEM parts. It's always expensive so when I consider it I always think about replacing with higher spec parts for similar money.

Might stick with Mintex for the minute then.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    With club discount in a lot of cases I've found it's either the same cost or cheaper than after market.

I tried after market stuff plenty of times but I've always found OEM stuff to be better quality and longer lasting, so that's what I generally stick with now.

Everyone has their own preference though.

6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I personally have ferodo discs and premium pads all round on mine. I have used Ferodo brake parts for 15 odd years or so now and have never had a problem with them. I prefer them over OEM personally.

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Before I owned a Honda, I had used some aftermarket brake products, but never found them to have lasted as long as the original. (At least the ones I'd tried didn't)
    I also remember cutting open an original and aftermarket oil filter many years ago. The original had a thicker filter section.
    I stick with originals now. Have done for years. With club discount, the prices are well worth it and there's never a problem with them fitting correctly.
    I also had a new exhaust fitted by HH earlier this year. Cost less than several of the national chain exhaust/tyre places.

SpeedyGee likes this.
  8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'd go for OEM or Ferodo Premier on a budget, but wouldn't go any cheaper. The EBC pads get such mixed reviews I've never dared take a punt on them, if any, the reds seem the best way to go, with the greens getting slated heavily.