Engine & Gearbox Accord Diesel Aux Belt Queries

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Accord_N22, Friday 9th May, 2014.

1. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Guys

Been reading the info based on the re-routed aux belt for the N22 diesel engine. Thanks for that - really helpful
    My Accord currently has the old routing of belt and it is planned to be changed next friday

I didnt have the whirring noise when i bought the car and now i have had it a month i came into work this morning and parked up normally. I full locked the steering to the left to reverse park into a bay and then i heard a sort whirring noise coming from the engine. i striaghten up and it was still there. I then turned off my headlights (had them on as it was raining and generally poor visibility) and then the noise dissapeared.

I restarted the engine and the noise was not present.

Would this be the beginings of the alternator bearing going?

I am having the belt changed /re-routed next Friday. Would it be best for the garage to change the bearing in the alternator aswell?
    What else in the belt routing area would it likely to be and is it worth doing whilst the area is being worked on?

I have also looked at the explosion diagram of the alternator and confirmed the alternator bearing part number in this thread
    Electrical & Lights - i-CTDi Noise from Alternator

However the parts explosion shows two bearings. Does item 5 need changing too?
    E__3610.
    Thanks guys
    Accord ownership is all getting rather expensive - lol

2. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Best take the old aux belt off and check all pulleys for noise and play .

3. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

will do. Having it looked at on Friday - got the new revised belt to go on. hopefully no other issues :Smile:

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Keep us posted mate as for the alternator bearing the front one take all the bashing so only stripping will reveal if the rears one has taken some brunt.

5. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Will do Ichiban. Should be having the belt fitted tomorrow. Fingers crossed no other issues and expense

Ichiban likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  7. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Shorter Belt fitted successfully and routing updated. No further noises and drove it to work today with no issues.
    It seems the alternator bearing is ok for now :Smile:

Ichiban and DeviateDefiant like this.