Announcement Accord Discontinuation with Dates

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ichiban, Friday 17th Oct, 2014.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    In fairly typical Swindon lingo this announcement has been made today to all UK dealers, and with no information to the public or on their public website.

accord-discontinuation-leak-availability-models.

A very sad day.

accordheritage and John Dickson like this.
  2. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well that means no more Honda for me then.
    I wanted CR-V and was prepared to buy one but after 2 test drive I decided 2.0 petrol is not for me, if there was 2.4 then maybe.
    I am not interested in diesels so will have to look elsewhere when times come.

Fingers crossed nothing serious goes wrong with my Accord it will be with me for a long time.

Aty01, FirstHonda and John Dickson like this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    HR-V and Jazz won't be made here but if you want a bigger vehicle its not going to be a Honda. Me thinks its time to buy a few more bikes to hell with cars.

4. moob Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Rob Glasgow
    That's really sad news. I loved my accord, took my growing family safely and efficiently for many happy miles.

Ichiban, FirstHonda and John Dickson like this.
  5. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

All we need now is for somebody to import Accords from S Asia/Australia to fulfil our needs. Surely there's a profitable venture somewhere there? Perhaps set up an Accord only showroom :Whistle:

DeviateDefiant and John Dickson like this.
  6. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm going to go and find a little corner to cry in :sweating:

John Dickson likes this.
  7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    They are very wrong in doing this but as @Chunkylover53 said import maybe the best way, look how many Mitsubishi FTO you see (well used to) and that was an import only car.
    - - - Updated - - -
    You may have to move @John Dickson out the way.

John Dickson likes this.
  8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:no: :Sobbing: :no: :Sobbing: :no: :Sobbing:

9. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    HK Imports Ltd?

You could import Japanese built Accords and 2.4 Petrol CR-V's from the States plus the Acura range!

10. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I'm already in the corner lads... We need a bigger corner! :Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing::Sobbing:

I hope Swindon fails spectacularly, gets closed and HUK Gestapo all end up on the dole!

I've agreed to take part in some customer research with Vertu, assuming I get to participate, then the safety catch is now off good and proper.... :toarms::toarms::toarms::toarms::toarms::toarms::toarms::toarms::toarms:

My current Accord will last as long as I can make it....then **** HUK!

I thought it was a sign that the former Springfield dealership at Silverlink is now Newcastle Infiniti and now Infiniti is in BTCC for next year I will be switching allegiances

11. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    John Dickson likes this.
  12. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nissan Puke? Well I could do with a second garden waste bin! Nissan aint made a decent main stream car since they went in with Renault! Yes GT-R and 350/370Z class but that is Nissan Japan only product - see the correlation HUK?

Bring back the Primera P10/P11 but not the P12 redressed Laguna.

Better still bring back the Bluebird ZX Turbo or Sunny GT-R :Hooray:

Could also find room on my drive for a 300ZX or Sylvia turbo...

13. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The lying so n sos! I could've still got a 2.4 today a year after I was told none were available!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :Rant: I like Alabaster Silver as well!

14. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

My apologies if that comment seemed a bit strong but that is how I feel!

It's a shame that such a nonsensical decision could well drive people away and more importantly potentially break up such a good forum as this because people are driven away from Honda. :Frown:

I just can't buy this "the European Saloon market is dead..." nonsense. It just takes a bit of tactics to break the German domination. I'm sure is now legal to point out a competitor's failings in advertising and let's be fair it aint hard to find faults with VAG for starters! Well perhaps not directly point out but the legislation is now there to draw good comparisons, which, until recently, it wasn't.

I've only ever seen new Mazda 3 saloons and the same for the Mazda 6. There are plenty new Lexus IS around and I've seen as many Infiniti Q50s in this neck of the woods a s8th gens AND we've only just got our own local Infiniti showroom.

Canny performance for a dead market segment eh?

Trying to find the only positive point about today's announcement, it will at least save me money in the future because if there is no Accord replacement I'll try and keep this one for years.

AccordCU2 and Ichiban like this.
  15. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'd imagine existing Accord values should shoot up.

John Dickson likes this.
  16. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

When Springfield Honda Silverlink was closed by Vertu I used to joke with the CR-V owners at work that I would buy it and make it an extra special luxury Honda dealership for Accord and Legend owners only. :Hooray:

Think it is definitely worth considering the import route? Anyone ever ran an import grey before? Any major issues to bear in mind?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Definitely. There are others out there with taste like us. Just think, someone suffering in a VAG turd right now will beg to pay you vastly over the odds for your Accord.

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    John this will rub salt in your wounds , Vertu has been recognized by HUK are one the best large dealer and was given a award at the Paris motorshow.

They must have sold a lot of Swindon tin.