Service & Maintenance Accord Gen 7 Windscreen top trim removal

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by redsectora, Saturday 28th Feb, 2015.

1. redsectora Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Anyone know how to remove the rubber trim above the windscreen on a Gen 7 Accord (2007)?
    My roof is starting to blister up just above and under this trim and I would like some advice How to remove it

Cheers

2. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Welcome to HK. Please tell us a little more about yourself and feel free to:garage:
    I don't have an Accord, or access to one, but looking at the blowout diagram of a 2007 Accord below, it looks to me like it just unclips. This is assuming I am understanding what you are referring to.

68c80dd51262dc4c6f35b80ff7039179.

3. redsectora Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yep thanks looks like it's the number 4

4. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    From what I can see from the diagram (and the absence of screws), it seems like it just unclips. Not sure if you will need any tools for it, and if it's anything like my Civic, it takes a bit of force to get it out of the clips.

5. redsectora Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah wondered how it was removed so that roof can be sprayed

6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    It clips out, trim removal tool, lever the clips out. They should just pop out but they do require a fair bit of force as @RogerH69 has stated.

If you struggle to remove them, go speak to a local windscreen removal company, see if they will pop it out for you as they remove them all the time.