Pre-Purchase Accord gen7 tax

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by redsectora, Thursday 2nd Apr, 2015.

1. redsectora Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    Can anyone tell me why a tourer is more money to tax the vehicle than a saloon?

Andy

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. Dave Lewis Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

How much to tax my 56 2.2 i cdti .Guy i bought it off said 130£ a year but evey thing else he told me were untruths
    i know my 2.0se was about 250 but are diesels cheaper or dearer .
    Thank you in advance . Dave

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  5. Dave Lewis Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the reply , the table i looked at showed two rates depending on the size of the engine therefore i read it as 245 if i remember correctly
    Its just that i pay monthly and they charge £25 pounds per month tried to ring DVLA to query this but after 1 hour still no answer so was unable to clear it up as of yet . Dave

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Look it up on the website links provided. Screen shot there too!!!!

7. Dave Lewis Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks Ichiban managed to get hold of the DVLA apparently they take a double payment for the first months installment
    depending when you take it out .as i took it out half way through a month they take the two payments in one shot.
    Thanks ever so much ,the table i read said for vehicles over 1600cc was a different price but i read it wrong obviously
    not unusuall for me lol .
    Cheers Dave

8. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I'm rather fortunate in that I no longer have to tax my car... It's the nominated car for use for my disabled dad who gets full motorbility but can no longer drive. As I do most of the running around for them and spend on average 3-4 days a week there helping out, it makes sense and saves me a decent amount each year.

I've not actually had to pay for road tax in 4 or 5 years now... It's going to come as a bit of a shock when I do.