ICE & HFT Accord (HFT) Hands Free Telephone - Trouble Making calls

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Accord_N22, Wednesday 7th May, 2014.

1. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Guys

I have paired my phone successfully to the Honda Accord HFT system. It connects straight away upon engine start and disconnects fine with no problems

However when I want to make a call I tend dial from the phone, the call doesn't transfer to the HFT system but instead to the phone - I have to manually switch it to the HFT system once the person picks up the call. Not ideal really especially when your driving.
    Also sometimes when receiving calls its ok but other times it answer through the handset and I have to select HFT option one the phones screen to transfer it to the HFT system

Its quite annoying and a very disappointing system - Does anyone have the same issues?

I am using a HTC One X

I am thinking of getting a parrot hands free system installed, but I really don't want to add something which the car already has.

Thanks again guys

2. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    I've got the same hmmm issue? I'm using iPhone and if I dial from the phone then I've got options to choose if I want to use phone, speaker or HFT, but if dial directly by HFT using voice control then there is no problem at all, you just need to add numbers to HFT and it's more safe while driving as you can keep your phone in the pocket while dialing ;-)

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is a solution of this issue just search for it bud. Its a simple check.

4. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  7. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks Ichiban. Ill give that a go and see if it works in the morning on the way to work tomorrow

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  9. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

It didn't work :Frown:
    The phone still transfers to the phones internal speaker - I then have to select it on the screen to the HFT once the person picks up.

I think it may have something to do with the phone's android version (android version 4.2.2)

Even tried completely formatting the phone too (still the same)

It connects fine and stay connect which is good I guess
    I guess I could live with it but it is annoying

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  11. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks ICHIBAN.
    what does it mean by flatten? (does it mean reset to factory)
    Had a look at the link - thanks for that, But it doesn't mention anything about restoring or flatten HFT

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Following the instruction as per the guide
    2. Press and release the HFT ‘talk’ button on the steering wheel and after the beep say ‘Phone set-up’.
    3. You will be offered five options; status, pair, edit, delete and list.

She will say are you sure you want to do this and it will default yada yada >press the button say yes> she will moan this will take time yada yada. >she will say its back to factory defualt Then step two then pair and off you go and follow the guide.