General Accord is the most reliable car for the last 10 years

Discussion in '9th Generation (2013)' started by JAB, Thursday 14th Aug, 2014.

1. JAB Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Cloughy, John Dickson and Ichiban like this.
  2. Chrispike Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Im happy to hear this! Looking forward to many years of trouble free motoring!

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Damn Swindon tin make it to the list :strong:, someone in HUK palmed a fiver for the 6th spot @John Dickson

We all know which factory makes the better Honda product :Drool:

John Dickson likes this.
  4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If I comment will I still get derision and be accused of having an emotional attachment to the "Accord" name? :lol: :HobbyHorse:

Yet again the reports state the facts.

I heard an ad on the radio the other day from Honda thanking people for voting them the UK's most reliable brand for the 8th year running in the WhatCar? survey.

Surely this is not such a good claim to boast about given that it is a vote? I'd've thought it would've been a far better accomplishment to shout proudly about reliability rankings based on cold, hard reliability facts and figures rather than votes as a vote will always be subject to skewing due to peoples' individual perceptions.

If the figures for each breakdown per 1,000 vehicles for example are used this gives a far harder case to back up reliability figures as facts and figures speak for themselves.

Not wanting to appear to take anything away from Honda, it's a remarkable achievement but publishing reliability information based on real world facts and figures would surely carry more weight.

Ichiban likes this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Exactly. Couldn't agree more.

6. JAB Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

:BooYeah:I can only endorse the survey, my 7th Generation accord did 145,000 trouble free miles before being changed for my present accord which has now done 31,000 miles in it's first year.
    My wife's MX5 is a delight to drive and has been totally reliable over the last 4 years of daily use. It really is true it puts a smile on your face every time you drive it.

John Dickson likes this.
  7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

This is exactly why I WILL NOT move from Japanese cars. They just do not go wrong. Attention to detail and engineering quality is second to none. :Hooray:

It was good to see Honda adverts announcing this plastered all over double pages of the national broadsheet,s advertising hoardings, TV and radio today though :party::Hooray::beer

Hang on that isn't the case though is it? :Epic Fail: If it was there would be a danger they would sell more cars, get them selves out of the current rut :Hooray: and we can't have that now, can we?

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    As you know my hand is being forced at work to get a company car. I had a lex auto lease guy come in to get me my executive motor.. So I was primed the fact his leather case will be primed with geerman curd. I shot him down in seconds where the Honda brochure his expression was a picture... What does that tell you

9. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Lex Autolease want to shift crap by the ton?

3 series is the new Cavalier....

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sod that noddy car ..it for TOWIE's

John Dickson likes this.
  11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well I would sooner have a 3 series to an A4 but I suppose that is like having to choose between having a dose of dysentery or bubonic plague :lol:

Ichiban likes this.
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    So I told this lex chappy I want Jazz hybrid HX-T has mouth opened and he got a my honest views on Swindon tin. Poor lad to get that sort grief on a Friday lol priceless

John Dickson likes this.
  13. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Well he's got to earn his keep.

Not fancy joining the Accord I-DTEC Satan brigade? :lol:

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Send me your address I will send you petrol as mouthwash .. Weasel engine rather eat charcoal